what brand of guitar/bass do you use?

Which brand of guitar or bass to you prefer?

• Gibson

Votes: 48 15.3%
  • Fender

Votes: 94 29.9%
  • ESP

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Ibanez

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Jackson

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Rickenbacher

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Washburn

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Oscar Shmidt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 103 32.8%

• Total voters
- Jackson Dinky, can't remember off hand which one of the billion dinkys it is, but a cool feature of it is that it has the firestorm active electronics toggle which gives a line boost> great for shredders when playing solos.

- Shecter Revenger 7-string. Shector is an underrated and often overlooked brand and better yet a 7-string guitar for that matter. Naive guitarists too often associate 7-string guitars with shitty nu-metal bands but don't actually understand it as really being 2 lower octives a 4th interval down from low E.
7-strings are nice in that they allow you to bypass down tunning which diminishes speed and precision.

getting that off my chest let me just say that shecter makes good guitars, I've played on several. my brother has another type of shecter 7-string and we've used them for a number of styles of music.
but more so than any of that shecters often costs less than other brand guitars of comparative quality

at one time or another I have owned every brand on the listexcept Washburn or Oscar Shmidt.
I never owned a Rickenbacher but I have owned several Rickenbacker's.;)

My main player is a beat-all-to-hell-but-dead-sexy '91 Ibanez Universe UV7PWH. I cut most of my rhythm tracks with a Schecter C7 Blackjack, however, and still play (and love) the Fender American Standard Stratocaster that was my first "good" guitar - I saved for years to buy that, working part time in high school, and I'll probably take it to the grave. I've also got a Martin I blew my first post college "real" job paycheck on that I can't help smiling whenever I pick it up.

I jump around...

I have an
American Fat Strat
Home made Tele, bought from a guy on this BBS
Home made LP , made myself
Schecter Diamond c-1e/a
Honer classical
Fernandez Strat copy
Fernandez bass

I play the fat strat most of the time...I just got the LP that i made all intonated and set up correctly, and it plays and sounds so much better. i've been playing it quite a bit. I'll occasionly pull the Tele off the wall...and the Schecter. Kind of depends on the sound i'm looking for .

JasonBird

Depends.

IF I know what I;m walking into, then I take the Gibson 345 or Fender Strat, depending on what it is.
If I don't know what's coming, I'll take the Strat.

Depends...sometimes, I use my 1948 strat. Then sometimes I'll use the 1938 tele, it just depends.:cool::D

I didn't vote because I've got two answers....

I've gigged with a Strat and a Gretsch over the years (the Strat didn't last long; the Country Gent made it from 1982-97) but now my only electric is a Gibson Les Paul Deluxe. I'm hoping to trade a Music Man stack for an Epi Sheraton (miss that thin arch-top feel) but it'll get Gibson electronics. The LP does it all, for me: terrific tone, great upper-neck access, and -- unlike the Country Gentleman -- the sound doesn't wimp out once you get past the 9th fret or so. I expect the Epiphone will be at least a tad lighter.

On bass I am a convert to Fender. I've owned and gigged with Carvin, Ibanez and Tribute by G&L over the years, but when I finally got my hands on a Precision it was like coming home to momma. I currently have 3 Ps (fretted and fretless split-coils and a '51 RI single-coil) and a fretless Jazz.

mid 60's Harmony H162 acoustic
Tokai Tele Custom copy

I love the old Harmony acoustics. When you find one that's in good shape, they're the best for the money that I've owned.

forgot the self-built. mahogany body, maple thru-neck. Jackson dinky copy w/ reverse headstock. tung oil finish. EMG hz humbucker in the bridge position. 1 volume pot and a kill button. Kahler flat mount trem, sperzel locking tuners.

I'm a big Taylor fan... I always get the "Martin's are so much better!" remark when I say that, but I dunno - I know what I like. Taylor's sound brighter to me. I like that

I'm a big Taylor fan... I always get the "Martin's are so much better!" remark when I say that, but I dunno - I know what I like. Taylor's sound brighter to me. I like that

see thats the one reason i cant get into taylors! everyone trys to tell me that they are the holy grail of acoustics, but i just love the meaty sound of a martin dreadnought that you cant get from a taylor. they sound too thin for me i guess

Another year gone by? Holy guacamole!

The Epi Sheraton has come and gone, and my collection of electrics is all Gibson and Fender now: 1970 Les Paul Deluxe, '00 ES-335 in antique natural, '08 SG Special Faded, and three Fender Precisions: '51 reissue, '50s reissue, and a Standard FSR with a fretless Warmoth neck.

I feel like there's nothing else out there I want. Now I gotta get better....

No instrument has ever felt as good in my hands as my '68 Fender P bass.

I definitely consider myself primarily a Fender guy (2 P basses, 1 Tele, 1 Strat), but I also have a G&L ASAT hollowbody bass and a Reverend Rumblefish that I really enjoy.

Back