what brand of guitar/bass do you use?

Which brand of guitar or bass to you prefer?

• Gibson

Votes: 48 15.3%
  • Fender

Votes: 94 29.9%
  • ESP

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Ibanez

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Jackson

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Rickenbacher

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Washburn

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Oscar Shmidt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 103 32.8%

• Total voters
No instrument has ever felt as good in my hands as my '68 Fender P bass.

I definitely consider myself primarily a Fender guy (2 P basses, 1 Tele, 1 Strat), but I also have a G&L ASAT hollowbody bass and a Reverend Rumblefish that I really enjoy.

I have an old Fender Geddy Lee with a super low action that plays like buttah but none of them plays as good as my Warriors.:cool:

100_1608.jpg

1995 Tobias Basic 5. One of best feeling and sounding basses I ever played.

I used to work in a music store where I had the opportunity to try many basses of all types and years and I sill choose this one:)

Goldtop Tradition S20. I've played similiar Gibsons and they just didnt have the same feel and the pickups are perfect on this axe. it was made in indonesia, however so i do worry about the quality but it has made it through five years and the only thing that let me down was the pickup selector. plus it only cost me 500 bones new.
also love my alvarez acoustic electric
and cant forget about the axe that started it all, jcpenny harmony.

I've got an Axle. It's a good starter (great it's price). I also have a first act (piece of shit) that has been sitting in our spare room for years.

My guitar collection is going to grow fast. It'll be big when I'm 25 (only 13).

2001 Gibson ES 135(great for jazz, blues, or rock with a little gain)
1991 Gibson LP Studio(my baby...awesome!)
2008 Epi ES 175 Reissue (VERY nice jazz box for an Epiphone)
PRS Custom SE 2007 (great guitar for a great price)
Parkwood H2 Hybrid (2007 I think...very interesting sounds with the fishman p/u)
American Strat ('91)
An Epi (yes, Epi) Telecaster (about '91-'92)
Epi PR 6E Acoustic Electric
2007 Ovation 12 string
Marin Backpacker steel string
Washburn mandolin
and my good old Crestwood Strat Copy (circa 1978..my first guitar from long ago...)

Fender, Carvin, and PRS for me. I own 5 Strats, 2 PRS's, and 1 Carvin. The Strats and the Carvin get the most playing time.

Fender lover, here.

I currently own a Fender MIM Strat, a Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass, and am about to purchase a Fender Lite Ash Tele.

All white, by the way :)

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace and a Squire Classic Vibe...

DSCN0795-1.jpg

Others...

I play:

1) Eastwood Town and Country Deluxe w/Bigsby (white)
2) 1970s Univox Coily (ES335 copy)
3) Gibson LGO acoustic
4) Simon and Patrick 12-string acoustic
5) Guild GAD-25 acoustic
6) Yamaha classical (cheapo - don't know model)

econline all the way, baby!

Squier (cyclone) and Epiphone(wildkat + Aj100) I bought the aj100 just as an acoustic to buld up my chord transition skills and boy did i transition past that piece of crap quickly, i mean its alright, but its like playing a piece of plywood, I can't wait to actually budget enough for a decent accoustic I'm going to give it away to some poor kid who wants to learn... rather than smashing it like i first planned as it split open my foot one drunken night... hah yeah, please i urge you give to the more unfortunate children if you can, being one growing up i would have killed to get my hands ona guitar, it would have made my journey to music a lot easier.

The Kings Of MeTaL

I really like the sound that comes out of the ESP and Ibanez Guitars..... They really got that Hardcore Crunch that i look for... The Necks are always smooth, thin and fast. Good for anyone lookin for :cool: that.

Keep it Metal
AETA

I have a 1966 strat
A 1998 guild DV52 acoustic
A peavey bass
A 1976 Inanez CN-200
(similar to the ibanez artist)
And had a Gibson les Paul studio...but I'm filling out a bill of sale now to move it on down the line for $500
(I could get more for it but I'm selling it to a friend of mine for what I paid for it)

Back