Well today was rough...

Well there are two things here. Americans appear to think through their total ignorance or education that only they matter and exist in the world and everybody else is living in a third world country and subservient to them.

We dont, arent and we are just as intelligent and technologically advanced as America.
America is a big country and has ocean on two sides of it and friendly neighbors to the, north and south.

As such, and with its massive military might it’s never been invaded. We’ve never had tanks rolling through our towns and seen the horrors of war on our home turf.

Yes we had the Pearl Harbor attack and 911, but war has never come to the mainland such as what Europe has experienced

Sadly, this has led to a certain arrogance and ‘superiority’ complex.

I’ve spent some years in Europe and think the people are great.

I don’t feel I have that ‘superiority’ complex, but at the same time I’m proud to be an American.

Just my opinion

What a crock of fucking bullshit.
What other country of people go around killing their own countrymen by any means they can for no logical reason?

What other country of people go around declaring war on anybody who disagrees with them every few years as regularly as clockwork?

What other country of people go around spending billions and trillions invading other countries and spends 12 years chasing one man who was just a few miles up the road? Not too mention all the Americans and others who died helping you do it.

What other country of people go around driving fuel guzzling cars and complaining about the price of fuel and blaming other countries for using it?

I could go on Dave but I have things to do.

Reactions: RFR
Because you are all nuts. Why you are nuts is for you to work out. But you are nuts!
Drugs, shit GMO food, junk food.

Americans are the most medicated, as well as fat people in the world.

Oh and our politicians are lying, opportunistic, just wanting to get rich, while claiming to be honorable, fucks

America is a big country and has ocean on two sides of it and friendly neighbors to the, north and south.

As such, and with its massive military might it’s never been invaded. We’ve never had tanks rolling through our towns and seen the horrors of war on our home turf.

Yes we had the Pearl Harbor attack and 911, but war has never come to the mainland such as what Europe has experienced

Sadly, this has led to a certain arrogance and ‘superiority’ complex.

I’ve spent some years in Europe and think the people are great.

I don’t feel I have that ‘superiority’ complex, but at the same time I’m proud to be an American.

Just my opinion
Americans were originally ex-Europeans who escaped the very problems that caused wars in Europe. A lot of those problems are still there and there is lots of unfinished or unsettled rivalry's in Europe.

The US is a very strange country sometimes. People are so enraged by abortion, yet time after time after time, people shoot up, school kids. Every President has had to give the same speeches, but does nothing. I simply fail to understand the need to own a gun. It has nothing to do with rights, it’s a social thing. But if you have this right, surely you should also have a system to make sure dangerous people have difficulty getting them? You support driving tests, yet put a more dangerous mechanical device into anyone’s possession, even if they are mentally ill?

Americans were originally ex-Europeans who escaped the very problems that caused wars in Europe. A lot of those problems are still there and there is lots of unfinished or unsettled rivalry's in Europe.
Yep, but most people in Europe have never even seen a gun in real life, never touched one, and never want to! Don’t blame us Europeans for crazy people in the US having access to them, because we don’t.

The US is a very strange country sometimes. People are so enraged by abortion, yet time after time after time, people shoot up, school kids. Every President has had to give the same speeches, but does nothing. I simply fail to understand the need to own a gun. It has nothing to do with rights, it’s a social thing. But if you have this right, surely you should also have a system to make sure dangerous people have difficulty getting them? You support driving tests, yet put a more dangerous mechanical device into anyone’s possession, even if they are mentally ill?
Sportsmen need them rob and you couldn't farm without them.

Yep, but most people in Europe have never even seen a gun in real life, never touched one, and never want to! Don’t blame us Europeans for crazy people in the US having access to them, because we don’t.
That is incorrect Rob. Guns are very common in lots of European countries.

Rubbish! When the last shooting happened, a local Facebook group asked their members, small towns in Suffolk, and the farmers had experience of shotguns, the non farmers hadn’t a few were members of sport pistol clubs but other than those, nobody owned a gun, nobody had fired one and nobody wanted to. Sure, there are criminals who have them, but in this county, the police have never shot anyone, ever! we do have armed response vehicles in the police service, but the nearest to me is fifteen miles away, in the next county. We no have a knife crime problem, but guns are thankfully very, very rare here. In London, or Birmingham or Manchester maybe it’s different, but for most Brits, we see guns at airports, and that is about it, and I don’t even like seeing that!

Rubbish! When the last shooting happened, a local Facebook group asked their members, small towns in Suffolk, and the farmers had experience of shotguns, the non farmers hadn’t a few were members of sport pistol clubs but other than those, nobody owned a gun, nobody had fired one and nobody wanted to. Sure, there are criminals who have them, but in this county, the police have never shot anyone, ever! we do have armed response vehicles in the police service, but the nearest to me is fifteen miles away, in the next county. We no have a knife crime problem, but guns are thankfully very, very rare here. In London, or Birmingham or Manchester maybe it’s different, but for most Brits, we see guns at airports, and that is about it, and I don’t even like seeing that!
There are over 617,000 legally owned guns in the UK. These would all be licensed to legit owners. They would mainly be sporting shotguns and rifles. I imagine the criminals have a fair few or possibly even more as well.

In other European countries they own more of a varying kind depending which country you are in.

These are facts Rob and documented.

Farmers and their workers need shotguns and if livestock farming they would also need small calibre .22/.223 rifles. Forestry workers may require larger caliber rifles for deer.

I'm not disputing the facts Ed - just pointing out that it is unusual here to find people who have even seen a real gun, close to, let alone touched one. Totally different to the maths of the USA. Half a million of the guns you mention are shotguns, and of course many legitimate owners have more than one. If you look at the nearly 70 million population, and the non-shotgun owners - they're a tiny proportion, and they own them for work, for sport or other sensible reasons. Ordinary people do not have a firearm, just in case? Just in case of what? A little old lady, unhappy with criminals in her area cannot own a gun, just in case she gets burgled and wants to shoot them?

Even noise or flash suppressors need a licence here, and 32% of the licences are for those, included in the figures - so we have a tiny percentage of the population who have a firearms licence - but that won't stop criminals I suppose.

I shot .22 in 3rd grade at Scouts. Target rifles bolt action by Marlin.

So by age 9 ...We never shot at each other.

It is the people. Not the weapon.

WTF are you rambling on about? Re-read your own words. I supported your opinion that a teenager who can't legally purchase a six pack of beer can legally purchase firearms.

I wrote:

"There are hundreds upon hundreds of gun laws in existence. The problem is....those laws aren't being enforced effectively!

Multiple stricter gun laws isn't the solution.

You are 100% correct that is intolerable that an 18 year old wordslly disturbed "KID" who can't legally buy a six pack beer IS allowed to legally purchase two AR 15 rifles and 375 rounds of ammunition.

It should have also been incumbent upon the seller to NOT sell. Whomever the seller was will soon be out of business. For good reason.

Senator Chris Murphy is comparing and equating the TX killings with Sandy Hook.

There are distinct differences you should look into.

Should ever members of Congress pull their heads out their asses they should enact one single gun law dictating that no one under the age of 30 can legally purchase a firearm.

I think that by the age of 30 most peoples frontal lobes would be fully developed and they wouldn't be suffering the effects of raging hormones."

In the future you should think twice or more before taking my words out of context.

Next time, I will not be at all polite.
Saying more laws won’t help conflicts with also saying the shooter shouldn’t have been able to buy the gun. Don’t know how that isn’t clear. How do you suggest stopping an unstable 18 year old from legally buying a gun without making it illegal?

And saying people have ‘always killed each other since Viking times’ as an excuse to not address the issue suggests to me an insensitivity that I find disturbing. The blood on your hands comment was severe, but how much longer can we just shrug our shoulders? Firearms are now the leading cause of death for kids. More than auto accidents. The efficiency of something like an AR15 vs something like a small handgun is dramatic. Surely we can find a balance between maintaining the right to bear arms while not giving such lethal power to individuals who have no need for it. Surely we can consider the age we allow these weapons to be purchased. Even simple fixes are resisted. Yes we can do a better job at securing and defending schools for sure, but won’t the people who want to kill continue to find softer targets like movie theaters or malls or restaurants? After all, you say people will always kill.

Back