Well today was rough...

Case in point. Criminals are always going to find ways to break the law.

Tough gun laws in Chicago aren’t solving the gun violence problem. Because there’s lots of criminals there.
Did you not read what I said? The guns in Chicago weren’t bought in Chicago. Indiana and Wisconsin are an Uber ride away. Tighten up all the states.

Quit making it easier to kill kids.
Hundreds of years ago Viking warriors set out to sea in search of lands to plunder. Wherever they stepped ashore they slaughtered everyone in their path. No guns.

With, or without guns, human beings will always find a way to........kill.

Reactions: RFR
Multiple stricter gun laws isn't the solution.

You are 100% correct that is intolerable that an 18 year old wordslly disturbed "KID" who can't legally buy a six pack beer IS allowed to legally purchase two AR 15 rifles and 375 rounds of ammunition.

It should have also been incumbent upon the seller to NOT sell. Whomever the seller was will soon be out of business. For good reason.
How do you say stricter gun laws isn’t the solution while also saying the shooter shouldn’t have been able to buy the guns? Those are conflicting statements.

We could study these things and come up with appropriate solutions if it weren’t for folks that think ANY discussion of this amounts to “tHey’RE taaKkin’ ouR guuuuNNzzzz!!!”

Quit making it easier to kill kids.
I hit a nerve? Trigger you? Your spelling just went to shit ;)

While never being in law enforcement, I have lot of background in the area from having many cop friends as well as LEO in the family.
Quite involved in local Sherrif programs and the wife works at the same school my kid goes to.
Constantly there are things looked at and implemented to make schools safer.

Contrary to your accusations, I have no intention of making it easier to kill kids.
How dare you even accuse me of that!

Earlier proposals I brought up for making schools safer are implemented here. Only exception is no armed trained security on campus . However, it being a small town, the sheriffs Dept could be on scene in 30 seconds flat.

Did you not read what I said? The guns in Chicago weren’t bought in Chicago. Indiana and Wisconsin are an Uber ride away.

Yes I read what you said. My point was, and is, criminals WILL get weapons. If they can’t get them they’ll find a way to make them or have them made, or they’ll steal them.

Hundreds of years ago Viking warriors set out to sea in search of lands to plunder. Wherever they stepped ashore they slaughtered everyone in their path. No guns.

With, or without guns, human beings will always find a way to........kill.
Are you kidding me? This is your rational? You don’t see any consideration for the efficiency with which modern weapons operate vs swords? You have blood on your hands.

Contrary to your accusations, I have no intention of making it easier to kill kids.
How dare you even accuse me of that!
Standing in the way of making it more difficult for insane individuals to get highly efficient killing tools is effectively making it easier for them to kill kids. I stand by my statement.

Standing in the way of making it more difficult for insane individuals to get highly efficient killing tools is effectively making it easier for them to kill kids. I stand by my statement.
We’ ll just have to disagree then. Like we always have.

Quite interesting how you choose to ignore everything I’ve written about making schools safer

Quite interesting how you choose to ignore everything I’ve written about making schools safer
I agreed about having cops at schools. I agree with securing them more. I don’t think that’s enough. I made that clear. Nut balls shouldn’t have AR15’s.

Living in a country where the population has strict gun laws enforced on them mainly driven by what happens elsewhere in the world. Mass shootings in the countries I have lived in, in Europe, are rare but obviously hold the headlines. For over 30 years we havent been able to own assault type rifles. Only single shot and restricted shot shotguns and rifles. All guns are on license and the owner cannot have a criminal past and also medically ok.

Our gun ownership has been restricted not to save lives, but for political purposes. I say not to save lives, because there are more people killed in rare accidents than by shootings of legally held firearms. Legally held firearms are rarely obtained by criminals, because it is cheaper and easier for them to buy guns illegally, than to burgle other peoples houses and break into gun safes where these guns must be held.

So you can see the situation we live with, where criminals are not restricted in gun access, people still die at the hand of illegally held guns, terrorists can still get weapons of choice and if they cant, they use other means of poison or vehicles and bombs.

Mass shootings of course do not happen, but mass murders do, or are attempted and these nut cases use other means than guns.

So at the end of the day, seizing guns never stopped murders, mass murders or terrorist attacks.

I don't think any other country in the world has America's problems, which is down to the people and not lumps of metal.

Last edited:
Case in point. Criminals are always going to find ways to break the law.

Tough gun laws in Chicago aren’t solving the gun violence problem. Because there’s lots of criminals there.

Chicago doesn't have tough gun laws. No place in the USA has tough gun laws.

• Haha
How do you say stricter gun laws isn’t the solution while also saying the shooter shouldn’t have been able to buy the guns? Those are conflicting statements.
WTF are you rambling on about? Re-read your own words. I supported your opinion that a teenager who can't legally purchase a six pack of beer can legally purchase firearms.

I wrote:

"There are hundreds upon hundreds of gun laws in existence. The problem is....those laws aren't being enforced effectively!

Multiple stricter gun laws isn't the solution.

You are 100% correct that is intolerable that an 18 year old wordslly disturbed "KID" who can't legally buy a six pack beer IS allowed to legally purchase two AR 15 rifles and 375 rounds of ammunition.

It should have also been incumbent upon the seller to NOT sell. Whomever the seller was will soon be out of business. For good reason.

Senator Chris Murphy is comparing and equating the TX killings with Sandy Hook.

There are distinct differences you should look into.

Should ever members of Congress pull their heads out their asses they should enact one single gun law dictating that no one under the age of 30 can legally purchase a firearm.

I think that by the age of 30 most peoples frontal lobes would be fully developed and they wouldn't be suffering the effects of raging hormones."

In the future you should think twice or more before taking my words out of context.

Next time, I will not be at all polite.

So at the end of the day, seizing guns never stopped murders, mass murders or terrorist attacks.

I don't think any other country in the world has America's problems which is down to the people and not lumps of metal.
We had a mass killing event Christmas time last year. A black man ran through a Christmas parade with his SUV. I’m not sure how many died in that attack, but it was pretty horrific.
Very little media coverage and Joe Biden never came out to say we had to have restrictions on vehicles because they were killing machines. All political. Didn’t fit in with the agenda

As to incidents of violence here in the United States, I’m pretty sure we have one of the highest rate of people medicated on mind altering drugs......anti depressants which all have side effects of many things including depression, suicidal and homicidal tendencies.
Insane people do insane things.

What I want to know is this.

Where did an 18 year old kid, who I hear had a drug addict for a mother, get the money???

That’s some high end firepower.
Excluding ammo, that’s three to four grand.

In England, you can live your whole life without ever seeing a gun.
Our armed forces have guns. Some police officers have guns, but they are not routinely carried.
We have a total ban on hand-guns.
If a member of the public applies for a gun licence, they have to pursuade the police that they have a need.
If a sighting of a gun is reported, the police will investigate with urgency.
It would be very difficult or even impossible for me to obtain any gun.
Guess what? We don't have mass shootings in England.

You have to look at what society has done to turn these people into mass killers.
Do they feel cheated, and have no life opportunities?
Blowing away dozens of innocent people is a short cut to fame.
Killing John Lennon, or JFK, will bring you recognition.

Anyone who thinks the answer to too many guns is more guns has a screw loose.
The US let the genie out of the bottle, and is now coming up with completely ridiculous answers like "more guns".

We had a mass killing event Christmas time last year. A black man ran through a Christmas parade with his SUV. I’m not sure how many died in that attack, but it was pretty horrific.
Very little media coverage and Joe Biden never came out to say we had to have restrictions on vehicles because they were killing machines. All political. Didn’t fit in with the agenda

As to incidents of violence here in the United States, I’m pretty sure we have one of the highest rate of people medicated on mind altering drugs......anti depressants which all have side effects of many things including depression, suicidal and homicidal tendencies.
Insane people do insane things.
In any mass murders of any kind in Europe I dont thing they have been in the same numbers as terrorist attacks here with vehicles. I think the number was around 80 in one attack in France a few years ago. He used a truck.

In fairness they are restrictions and conditions on vehicle ownership almost everywhere. So I see no problem with same on guns. But it is an easy target for inept politicians and police. When they want to look good on crime they simply introduce new conditions on gun ownership because it is easy and cheap to do. They never solve anything, but it is headlines.

Even now the politicians are trying to ban guns by banning ammunition because it contains lead. If they do ban all guns in European countries. It won't stop murder or mass murder and it wont stop criminals getting guns or terrorists killing people. For instance there was one man in a shopping center in one Norway only last September who was killing shoppers with a bow and arrows.

In England, you can live your whole life without ever seeing a gun. If you never look for something, you will never see. They are everywhere.
We have a total ban on hand-guns. Not total. Some citizens have them for different reasons. Criminals get them with ease. In the local pub etc.
If a member of the public applies for a gun licence, they have to pursuade the police that they have a need. Correct. They are a essential tool in the countryside.
Guess what? We don't have mass shootings in England. Occasionally there are multiple victim shootings, but nothing on the scale of America.

You have to look at what society has done to turn these people into mass killers.
Do they feel cheated, and have no life opportunities?
Blowing away dozens of innocent people is a short cut to fame.
Killing John Lennon, or JFK, will bring you recognition.

Are you kidding me? This is your rational? You don’t see any consideration for the efficiency with which modern weapons operate vs swords? You have blood on your hands.
I have blood on my hands? Feel free to elaborate further as to what it is that lead you to write those words. Is it because I'm not a Democrat?

If that's the case, eat shit and die.

Here in Connecticut, the majority State leader of the Democrat party, Bob Duff, posted a tweet on Twitter directed at the Governor of Texas.

Horrible words for anyone to write toward the Texas governor, but Duff's words are just another example of how low Democrats can go.

From where I sit, it appears that you're fitting in quite well in your new party.

Last edited:
Back