Vs2400cd

awkgreen

I have a roland vs 2400cd and am a newbie to home recording.In trying to understand too much too quickly I seem to have pressed some buttons that I should have left alone.It seems I am unable to get any response on on my imput needle from channels 7 & 8 I can record on all the other channels but not 7 & 8.there is zero movement on the needle and I can,t figure out what it is that I,ve done.hope one of you can sus this for me,before I go bald ,I,m pulling my hair out with it. It was working fine before.

I don't have one so I can't be specific but I do know there's a mixdown mode where all the other tracks go to those two as a stereo file. I'm pretty sure it'll turn out that it's something to do with that. so relax . someone will be along with the exact steps to take.

I have this exact unit. Seems like it could be a couple of things.

1) routing issue. Are the inputs mapped to a track?
2) Are the tracks armed?
3) Is the gain turned up on the inputs.
4) Do the mics you are using require phantom power?

I have this exact unit. Seems like it could be a couple of things.

1) routing issue. Are the inputs mapped to a track?
2) Are the tracks armed?
3) Is the gain turned up on the inputs.
4) Do the mics you are using require phantom power?
it's gonna be the routing issue. he's already said he can record on all other tracks so it's not the phantom power and if he can record on other tracks he must know how to 'arm' the tracks ..... same with the gain.
So that leaves the routing thing.

it's gonna be the routing issue. he's already said he can record on all other tracks so it's not the phantom power and if he can record on other tracks he must know how to 'arm' the tracks ..... same with the gain.
So that leaves the routing thing.

Each input has its own phantom power. Just because he can record on other tracks doesn't mean it is turned on for the problematic tracks.

OP - check chapter 9 of the manual http://lib.roland.co.jp/support/en/manuals/res/1811499/VS-2400CD_r_e6.pdf

There is a website called VSPlanet.com that is geared around the Roland VS series recorders.

You might want to create an account at VSPlanet and ask your question on the 2480 forum. There are a lot of guys who are very knowledgable about the VS recorders over there.

Back