Using Efx

talmuzic

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO USE EFECTS LIKE COMPRESSION,REVERB,GATE,ENHANCER...WITH THE 488 MKII ? PLEASE BE SPECIFIC ON HOW 2 SET IT UP THROUGH THE EFFECT SENDS AND SO FORTH...

the best way to connect a compressor to the 488 is to use either of the insert jacks on mixer channels 1 and 2. to do this you'll need a splitter cable that has a stereo 1/4" jack plug at one end and two mono 1/4" jack plugs at the other. plug the stereo jack into the insert you're using and the mono jacks into the input and output of the compressor. ditto for the gate and enhancer.

for the reverb you should use the effects loop. to do this patch one of the fx sends on the 488 into the reverb and then patch the left and right outputs of the reverb into one of the two stereo inputs (9/10 and 11/12) and set the levels appropriately.

Yo Tal:

Just to add a little: put reverb in your cans for the vocalist; I used to use the 488, still have one in storage. You can hear the reverb but it won't be recorded unless you push different buttons on the 488.

Hearing the FX in the cans makes the talent more relaxed, feeling "powerful." Add the real reverb when you mix your song.

A little reverb goes a long way but some is vital for the ambiance you may want.

As for other dynamics, add them when you mix if they are needed.

I remastered many tunes from my tapes from the 488 via my 2816 Yam and they came out great.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Green Hornet

:p :D :cool:

Back