Transplant drum trax

acattoir

Hi, Probably the wrong place for this but I know some knowledgeable people lurk here.

Looking for opionions. If I wanted to send someone a drum track recording (live drummer) to use in their project and was planning on 8 discreet tracks to separate the kit up, what would be the most universal or cross format way to send it. I am in the stone age using a very good sounding but old technology Akai DPS 24.

Please speak slowly, if you know what I mean. ha ha ha

Thanks a lot,
Andy

I usually just send them whatever they ask for. Sometimes it's a stereo dry mix, or a wet mix, or individual drum tracks in wav format. For me, it varies from client to client.

Hope that helps.

From what I understand WAV files are of a better sound quality. FLAC is supposed to be the best format. Again this is what I've read on line.

From what I understand WAV files are of a better sound quality. FLAC is supposed to be the best format. Again this is what I've read on line.

FLAC is a great format in that it is about 50% the size of a WAV file, yet is still compressed with a lossless codec, so nothing is changed in the sound at all during compression (unlike ogg, or wma, or mp3, which changes the actual audio during compression.)

However, if the client doesn't have the software to deal with FLAC files, it will do them no good to receive one. I just provide what the client tells me they need.

Back