Ticking and or crackling...

Omniscient

I started recording again this time with a behringer mx2442a. It's brand new been used like 3 other times.

The thing is when I record I get this like ticking, craclking noise. I have a pop filter over the head of the mic and a pop screen on the mic stand neck. So I'm really clueless as to what it can be.

It could be either my Behringer mic's or my my M-Audio 2496's panel settings. Or the settings I'm using in Cakewalk. I'm not used to this mixer yet so I don't know what the problem really could be.

It sounds like clicking and popping caused by an incorrectly configured soundcard. Try increasing the latency a bit, you have to get a balance whereby you get as low a level of latency as possible but without the clicks and pops.

That's the usual cause but it can sometimes be caused by other things like hardware conflicts etc.

I assume the spec of the machine is suitable for the software and soundcard you're using?

If you have any further questions I'd start a thread in the computers/soundcards forum, it doesn't sound like a problem with the mic.

could also be a bad solder joint in the XLR Cable. try using a different cable and see if the problem persists.

Under DMA buffer size it's latency is set to 512. So I should try to up it? Also it could be the cable because they are about two 1/2 years old.

The codec sample rate is at 44,100
DMA buffer size latency is at 512

Back