The Road - acoustic cover

keith.rogers

More spam from the homefront. Our son dropped in last week to surprise me for the big seven-oh and even volunteered that he'd listened to a song I'd suggested we try to do someday. He spent, literally, a few minutes jotting down some notes and then recorded along to a backing track I'd made a couple months back. After he left I went to work trying to re-learn the song structure from the backing track, because I never did it that way in real life :facepalm:... Then, with "the tapes rolling," and between hobby pilots and lawn crews, I squeezed in one take that wasn't too noise-filled. Anyway, mom likes it, so I'm gold for a few days ;)

Well done, Keith. I like the nice simple video treatment you've done.

It's got to be a good feeling to be able to work with your son on projects like this.

That's you and your son? How cool. Guitar sounds good.
Yep, that's the little kid that got started playing a mini Suzuki "violin" when he was about 5. All those lessons paid off :). (It's been just a hobby for him for some time, though.) It' a Martin GPCPA3 - one of those models semi-looked down on by the Martin cognoscenti because of the mortise/tenon neck joint and use of Richlite for fingerboard and bridge, but it's always had a good, traditional Martin sound to my ear, and records pretty well. I don't use it much and it's been on my list to move along, but right now it's the only guitar I have that has a button for a neck strap (laziness on my part), and our son decided to play standing up, so I put some new strings on it and practiced a little :).

Well done, Keith. I like the nice simple video treatment you've done.

It's got to be a good feeling to be able to work with your son on projects like this.
Thank you! I'm pretty limited in my little room (really just intended for mixing, originally) because I didn't feel like digging the Zoom F8n out of the closet where it's been mothballed since early this year so we could record in a larger room downstairs. So we're almost in the same spot, though I turned the other way (to have it look quasi-symmetric) when I recorded my part a couple days after he went back to NYC.

Back