The Road - acoustic cover

keith.rogers

Bobby'); DROP TABLE USER
More spam from the homefront. Our son dropped in last week to surprise me for the big seven-oh and even volunteered that he'd listened to a song I'd suggested we try to do someday. He spent, literally, a few minutes jotting down some notes and then recorded along to a backing track I'd made a couple months back. After he left I went to work trying to re-learn the song structure from the backing track, because I never did it that way in real life :facepalm:... Then, with "the tapes rolling," and between hobby pilots and lawn crews, I squeezed in one take that wasn't too noise-filled. Anyway, mom likes it, so I'm gold for a few days ;)

TalismanRich

Well done, Keith. I like the nice simple video treatment you've done.

It's got to be a good feeling to be able to work with your son on projects like this.

keith.rogers

Bobby'); DROP TABLE USER
That's you and your son? How cool. Guitar sounds good.
Yep, that's the little kid that got started playing a mini Suzuki "violin" when he was about 5. All those lessons paid off :). (It's been just a hobby for him for some time, though.) It' a Martin GPCPA3 - one of those models semi-looked down on by the Martin cognoscenti because of the mortise/tenon neck joint and use of Richlite for fingerboard and bridge, but it's always had a good, traditional Martin sound to my ear, and records pretty well. I don't use it much and it's been on my list to move along, but right now it's the only guitar I have that has a button for a neck strap (laziness on my part), and our son decided to play standing up, so I put some new strings on it and practiced a little :).

Well done, Keith. I like the nice simple video treatment you've done.

It's got to be a good feeling to be able to work with your son on projects like this.
Thank you! I'm pretty limited in my little room (really just intended for mixing, originally) because I didn't feel like digging the Zoom F8n out of the closet where it's been mothballed since early this year so we could record in a larger room downstairs. So we're almost in the same spot, though I turned the other way (to have it look quasi-symmetric) when I recorded my part a couple days after he went back to NYC.