The Peaceful Political Roundtable

Lol!
And thank you again sir.
I am absolutely NOT that guy, whomever he is. I know enough about a mic to use one vocally (Beta58), and less about how to use one to mic my amp (e906) to play live, and that's about it.
You may hereby elevate your 99.999% to a solid 100%.

Cheers.
If it's all the same to you, I'll hold onto that .001% of uncertainty.

Enough of this nonsense!

I have respect for Porterhouse and Seeker alike because they are both quite capable of putting into words and articulate reasonable trains of thoughts. As it is, however, every one of us, at times, find ourselves a bit too pissed off, too drunk, too high, or way too entrenched in our opposing political opinions to read or listen to each other.

@PorterhouseMusic ....sorry if you thought I was out of line suggesting that Dave Matthews should start a thread of his own and invite other Trump haters to join in with him.

@Seeker of Rock .....I can 99.999% assure you that Dave Matthew's is NOT the noisedude that you think you remember from all those years ago. IIRC, the real noisedude was constantly posting in the microphone forum section. I'm certain that Dave Matthew's has zero or less knowledge about mics. If Dave is the real noisedude, we should respect his ability to pull the wool over everyone's eyes.
He has the same trolling character dud has but if I’m wrong I’m wrong. Dud was in the Cave (here) almost as always that I recall. But seems like the same guy but that’s moot. He’s in ignore because he babbles up threads with his self-grandiose rhetoric but I don’t see that unless I choose. The thing with Border House was him attacking someone’s response for no reason whatsoever. I hate that he found it his business and had to make derogatory insults. Unnecessary. No need or excuse to attack people honestly responding or disagreeing. I’m hanging out in my Biden Poll so if any of the Trump haters wanna run their mouths they can do so over there. This thread should be peaceful as titled.

I'm not offended or thin skinned. Simply attempting to remind everyone to respect the premise of the thread, which is simply a thread where everyone can share their thoughts and ideas as how to make improvements that work in the best interests of every American. I make no apologies for my attempts in that regard.

I went to a garden party.......
Thanks Randy.
Lol!
And thank you again sir.
I am absolutely NOT that guy, whomever he is. I know enough about a mic to use one vocally (Beta58), and less about how to use one to mic my amp (e906) to play live, and that's about it.

Cheers.
Dude, you don't know shit. SM58 on the lips and SM57 on the cab.

I had a 58, but found the beta fit my voice better.
Also solved the amp mic issue by going Kemper in 2017. :-)
Honestly - careful now a mic thread could break out - I used a Beta 58A as well on vox but stuck with the 57 on cabs. I have a Sennheiser but never took the time to dial it in placement wise and such.

I know zero about the Kemper units. Live I went from my Vox Valvetronix to PA with stage monitors. In studio it was always 57 on the cab. I messed about with the Senn and a cheap ribbon I got somewhere/when but the 57 always works.

Lol!
And thank you again sir.

Cheers.
"(e906)"

My mic locker is squared away and respectable, I think. But the e906 is very much on my purchase radar given that my moderately cranked '59BMRI sounds so good when mic'd properly (even though I rely mostly on the Strymon Iridium these days) . Spent some time with it and this new pedal today and was loving the tonal bliss. I haven't purchased much gear in the last two years and business is good. I think it's time to pull the trigger.:thumbs up:

I know zero about the Kemper units. Live I went from my Vox Valvetronix to PA with stage monitors. In studio it was always 57 on the cab. I messed about with the Senn and a cheap ribbon I got somewhere/when but the 57 always works.
I dove into kemper because being my own roadie lugging a 60lb combo got old (like me). Now I can plunk it down, jam the FOH XLR into the Main out, and my cab into the Monitor out. Sound guy loves it. Me too.

"(e906)"

My mic locker is squared away and respectable, I think. But the e906 is very much on my purchase radar given that my moderately cranked '59BMRI sounds so good when mic'd properly (even though I rely mostly on the Strymon Iridium these days) . Spent some time with it and this new pedal today and was loving the tonal bliss. I haven't purchased much gear in the last two years and business is good. I think it's time to pull the trigger.:thumbs up:
I liked the e906 because the SM57 et al would invariably need a stand, and me on a small stage would be jumping around and likely to kick it over. Not cool.
e906 would get wrapped around the carry handle and drape right over the speaker.

So this is political but not bipartisan (yet). Everyone heard the news of China’s live ammo drill and flying into Taiwan air space after their recent election (President and Legislative seats).

As part of Nixon admin’s famous relationship building with China and the PRC (we can get great mics for rap music under $100), they renounced ROC and built on a relationship with POC. Now PRC wants to exert governance over Taiwan (and I’m sure money has nothing to do with it, of course). So the US is in a sticky situation after many promises and policies we implemented and agreed to in the last 4 decades.

What are your thoughts on this as military aggression and intent of PRC to reunify Taiwan under its authority seems imminent?

My concern is that we dug ourselves into a hole where supporting Taiwan is adverse to agreements and policies we voluntarily made with the PRC. Then again, times and situations have changed that we didn’t and couldn’t foresee. I will research more but I tend to think that PRC has a legal right and ownership of Taiwan. It was easy to see this one heating up after the Ukraine invasion.

So this is political but not bipartisan (yet). Everyone heard the news of China’s live ammo drill and flying into Taiwan air space after their recent election (President and Legislative seats).

As part of Nixon admin’s famous relationship building with China and the PRC (we can get great mics for rap music under $100), they renounced ROC and built on a relationship with POC. Now PRC wants to exert governance over Taiwan (and I’m sure money has nothing to do with it, of course). So the US is in a sticky situation after many promises and policies we implemented and agreed to in the last 4 decades.

What are your thoughts on this as military aggression and intent of PRC to reunify Taiwan under its authority seems imminent?

My concern is that we dug ourselves into a hole where supporting Taiwan is adverse to agreements and policies we voluntarily made with the PRC. Then again, times and situations have changed that we didn’t and couldn’t foresee. I will research more but I tend to think that PRC has a legal right and ownership of Taiwan. It was easy to see this one heating up after the Ukraine invasion.
We should me making our own chips, and should have done something about it long ago.

We should me making our own chips, and should have done something about it long ago.
Agree that it would have been preferable to not have painted ourselves into a corner. But the focus now should be and is.... what's to be done about it going forward.

I agree with both of you. And even if citizens didn’t follow it the US inside should’ve been. It would be a shame to see a democracy fall under communist rule but what are the alternates…reneg on our policies and promises without valid reasons? Hope this doesn’t turn into another Ukraine type situation

Agree that it would have been preferable to not have painted ourselves into a corner. But the focus now should be and is.... what's to be done about it going forward.

I read that, thanks for sharing. I'd say we need to invest more such as the Chips Act 2.0.

Back