The New Tone Thread

It doesn't make sense does it.
Everything that has gone in through the front of the interface is trunkated.
I've looked in preferences for Reaper and for the Focusrite but can't find anything I can adjust.
Weird that it's the same across two inputs as well.
Until recently it's been a beaut device - well, after I learned how to work "Mix Control" - does everything I ask except midi.
Hopefully there's an easy answer from Focusrite - I sent them a message!

Can you try DIing a mic (carefully) into the generic internal sound card in the computer for a comparison? I did that for years before I knew that AIs existed.

That does seem odd Ray, hope you get it sorted dude....

I almost bought a Focusrite interface when I got this NI KA6. All of the interfaces I looked at were about the same price, but I have heard good things about Focusrite's stuff...

Is your interface under warranty Ray???

Lt Bob IS marathon Man. What ratio of axe & sax to balance the vox?
none really .... I do 4 hour gigs ..... take a single 10 minute break ..... and I'll do prolly 4 or 5 instrumentals during a gig.
So It's pretty much singing.
I was getting a bit raspy during the first gig on Sunday and worried a little but, believe it or not, whiskey cleaned it up and I was fine for the second and last gig that afternoon.

I was a little nervous that morning at 8am when I couldn't hit but one note :D but booze was my cure!

WHOO! HOO! After several months of waiting my Electronic Orange Moon Vibe II finally arrived. As promised here is a short demo. Disregard the crappy playing.

Cool man, I've always been a vibe fan, I remember you mentioned this pedal a little while back...post up some pics dude...

You've made me go listen to some Trower with that clip too....;).

Dunno if it'll happen tomorrow or not, but I will be posting some clips & pics of the new SG. It's supposed to be here tomorrow, but the clips depend on how late it gets here. When I ordered my Lester (from the same place), it arrived about 7-8 pm, but that was during Christmas time too, so maybe it'll be here early, dunno...Just have to hurry up & wait for it....

WHOO! HOO! After several months of waiting my Electronic Orange Moon Vibe II finally arrived.

You probably want some more time with it, 'cus new gear always sounds better on first listen...
...but forgetting the high cost and hand-build wait time for a moment...what's your initial feeling of how it compares to other name vibe pedals that you've used?
IOW...do you really hear obvious improvement differences and see where the money/time went?

I've tried a couple of more expensive vibe pedals, and was actually underwhelmed for the money spent...but if this is something extra special....mmm...I could use another pedal. :facepalm: :D

Cool man, I've always been a vibe fan, I remember you mentioned this pedal a little while back...post up some pics dude...

You've made me go listen to some Trower with that clip too....;).

Dunno if it'll happen tomorrow or not, but I will be posting some clips & pics of the new SG. It's supposed to be here tomorrow, but the clips depend on how late it gets here. When I ordered my Lester (from the same place), it arrived about 7-8 pm, but that was during Christmas time too, so maybe it'll be here early, dunno...Just have to hurry up & wait for it....

Moon Vibe.jpg
Cool.. I've been wanting an SG as well but it just isn't in the budget.

Nice sighing Ocnor!
I do love that album intro.

Thanks Ray.. Trower rocks!

You probably want some more time with it, 'cus new gear always sounds better on first listen...
...but forgetting the high cost and hand-build wait time for a moment...what's your initial feeling of how it compares to other name vibe pedals that you've used?
IOW...do you really hear obvious improvement differences and see where the money/time went?

I've tried a couple of more expensive vibe pedals, and was actually underwhelmed for the money spent...but if this is something extra special....mmm...I could use another pedal. :facepalm: :D

I'm not the kind of guy that plunks down that amount of cash without doing a massive amount of research first. The moon vibe has a depth and richness that I just didn't hear in the other vibe pedals that I auditioned. Except maybe the Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe+ but that thing costs 700 bucks. I'm pretty confident that even after the honeymoon period is over, that I'll still be able to say that the Moon Vibe was worth the price and the wait time.

Last edited:
Back