The New Tone Thread

So, while on my forced hiatus, I did a few things. Wrote and recorded a few songs, played some gigs, watched a ton of football, almost bought a DSL, and put a P-90 in my mini-humbucker SG.

Cool, got any pics of the SG? You gonna post the songs in the mixing clinic?

Nothing fancy, just a P-90 in a SG. But I love it. That's the sound I want from that guitar. The mini hums are cool, but the P-90 is what I need. Sounds awesome through the NMV Marshalls.

That looks really nice. Not sure about the narcissistic scratch plate, but each to his own! Would love a guitar with P90s but can't justify the expense for something I'll get so little use out of - maybe if I start playing live regularly again.

The narcissistic pickguard is tongue-in-cheek. It's my guitar. I can't put my name on it? People put stupid stickers all over their guitars, so I put my own name on mine. I've been shocked by how much response it gets. Seriously. Some people think it's funny, and that's how it's meant. But some people think it's really douchey and conceited, and that's fine too. The only thing I don't like about it is the font. It was made for me for free, so I didn't complain.

Yeah, I gathered it was probably a joke but I thought I would bite anyway!

I'm serious though that it gets a lot of attention, and I really don't understand it. I also have my name on my kick drum outer head and no one gives a shit. But on a guitar? Blasphemy. Maybe I suck so bad that it's an insult to the guitar. I don't know.

I'm serious though that it gets a lot of attention, and I really don't understand it. I also have my name on my kick drum outer head and no one gives a shit. But on a guitar? Blasphemy. Maybe I suck so bad that it's an insult to the guitar. I don't know.

I imagine it does get attention actually. Although, now you mention it, I can't think why. Its like when bands wear their own t-shirts I suppose. Looks hideous and people take the piss, but no one gives a shit if they have their name on the bass drum.

Well, I see the Gerg has finally made it back to our thread....To be honest, I was kinda worried you weren't gonna come back dude...It ain't the same here without ya....

On the sticker, fuck 'em dude. You're right, it's your fuckin' guitar. Just like your kick drum. It's yours, to do whatever the fuck you wanna...I know you're not, but don't worry about it, at all man, just sayin'.....

I imagine it does get attention actually. Although, now you mention it, I can't think why. Its like when bands wear their own t-shirts I suppose. Looks hideous and people take the piss, but no one gives a shit if they have their name on the bass drum.

I think it's like you said, a narcissistic thing. It comes off that way. Some people in real life, and on the internet, don't like it when you're better than them and let them know it. Or even if that's not your intent but they take it that way anyway.

But I sometimes get it from people that really know me. They're like "WTF Greg?" It's just my name! It has no more meaning than that. I'm not gonna put someone else's name on there. Lol. So now I'm gonna put my name on fucking everything. I'm getting some "Marshall" script logos made, but they're gonna say "Gregory" and I'm putting them on all of my amps and cabs too. :D

Well, I see the Gerg has finally made it back to our thread....To be honest, I was kinda worried you weren't gonna come back dude...It ain't the same here without ya....

On the sticker, fuck 'em dude. You're right, it's your fuckin' guitar. Just like your kick drum. It's yours, to do whatever the fuck you wanna...I know you're not, but don't worry about it, at all man, just sayin'.....

Hey miner! I aint sweating it. I just think it's interesting in a social experiment sort of way. Hell, if nothing else, it gets attention and people will remember it. All because of a stupid sticker.

Hey miner! I aint sweating it. I just think it's interesting in a social experiment sort of way. Hell, if nothing else, it gets attention and people will remember it. All because of a stupid sticker.
Hey dude!!!! I know you ain't sweatin' it man, for fuck's sake dude....lol....While I've never met you in person, I have had conversations with you here & elsewhere enough times to know that man....

The Marshall script thing actually sounds like a good idea man....If that happens, please do post some pics man...

Hey dude!!!! I know you ain't sweatin' it man, for fuck's sake dude....lol....While I've never met you in person, I have had conversations with you here & elsewhere enough times to know that man....

The Marshall script thing actually sounds like a good idea man....If that happens, please do post some pics man...

I got a buddy that works with plastics and 3D printing. He says he can make them. I'm just waiting on him to have time to wanna fuck with it.

And this!

Lol....I remember your " wrasslin' " mask while you were playing drums, but don't think I've ever saw you with it on playing guitar...:laughings:.

Shit like that is why it would never be the same if you weren't here Greg....

Back