The New Tone Thread

It's not obsession, it's observation. Any mention of "the cave" and there you are! :laughings:

See there you go again. Obsessed. Stop I tell you...

Wanna build me one? I'd play the shit out of a mutt custom. :)

We will talk later. Still involved in a protracted move of house/workshop. It's killing my productivity this year. Luckily I saved when younger and wife is working full time... Once I'm moved we can work something out.. I'll build it for cost if you dont mind waiting.

Lol. I'm fine. No problem out here in beautiful luxurious Katy, Tx. Houston proper got a proper ass kicking though. These are our "snow days" down here. A once a decade flood. It was a savage storm that dumped a shit ton of rain. Like 10 inches in just a few hours. Many areas of Houston are underwater like New Orleans was after Katrina. No looting though.

Yall know antichef? He posts in this thread occasionally. He lives in one of the areas of Houston that got ass raped by flooding. Yall keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers, if you're the praying type.

The worst I ever saw around here was in like 2000. Tropical Storm Allison. That bitch dumped 20 inches of rain in one night and shit was really flooded bad. People were driving boats down the freeways. Hurricane Katrina was the worst shit I ever saw though. I went to New Orleans right after that Hurricane, and it was so so bad. It looked like an atomic bomb had gone off.

The worst I ever saw around here was in like 2000. Tropical Storm Allison. That bitch dumped 20 inches of rain in one night and shit was really flooded bad. People were driving boats down the freeways. Hurricane Katrina was the worst shit I ever saw though. I went to New Orleans right after that Hurricane, and it was so so bad. It looked like an atomic bomb had gone off.

Yeh, that shit was bad. Where I'm from is susceptible to tides and floods and they build accordingly. Even so when it happens the power of a flood or the rising sea is awesome... 10 years ago a flood pretty much washed away a 400 year old village made from solid granite...

Hope all you guys are OK and don't take any risks...

Thats a shit load of rain. We had four inches in an hour once in Cornwall and it washed an entire village away..
Forgot you're from the Uk Mutt, I was down in Your way surfing on New Years a couple of years ago when there were those epic storms. It was fucking crazy.

Haha, there's a lot of people like that Bob! I hope I only co,e across like that on here. I generally don't lust after gear continually. Just the things I actually need!.... Needs do keep changing though.

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a good Gibson LP some time this year. A guy I trust said to be wary of the 70's models since they're very hit and miss and I don't like the new models with the robot tuners.
If I had a budget of a maximum of about 2000-2500$, what should I be looking at? I want to go used.

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a good Gibson LP some time this year. A guy I trust said to be wary of the 70's models since they're very hit and miss and I don't like the new models with the robot tuners.
If I had a budget of a maximum of about 2000-2500$, what should I be looking at? I want to go used.

Traditional or Classic. Great Les Pauls. I've never met a Traditional I didn't like.

All Gibsons are hit or miss. Don't be afraid of a sweet 70s or 80s "Norlin era" LP. Many of the greatest songs in history were played on those guitars.

All Gibsons are hit or miss. .
^^^^^ this ^^^^^

Seriously, I mean ^^^^^^ THIS!!! ^^^^^^
:D

One gibby can be an awesome extension of your consciousness leaving a trail of musical enlightenment while the identical looking one right next to it can be a terrible, untunable destroyer of any fondness for music whatsoever.

Back