Tascam US-1800 not working anymore?

lttoler

I have used a Tascam US-1800 for a little over a year. It has worked great for me with no issues until last week. All of a sudden as I was working on a project, the sound stopped. I checked the device on the computer and it did not seem to be recognizing the device.

Since then I have tried reinstalling the drivers, trying different USB cables and anything else I can think of. The power light comes on but the USB light is not lighting up. When I go to reinstall the driver, it installs until the point that it is trying to connect to the unit and then I get an installation failed message.

The warranty is for a year and that just ended about a month ago. Do any of you have any suggestions as to how I can fix this? I contacted Tascam but apparantly I have to pay a $40 charge plus shipping even if they cannot fix the unit so I'd rather not go that route.

Thanks in advance!

Well that just sucks complete and total ass! :(

Just to make sure, have you tried a different USB port? Just to make sure it is not the cause. Do you have (or a friend) another computer, that you could install the drivers for the Tascam, and see if it fires up? If you can't get a clean initial install, on another system, then it is likely the unit. IME, Tascam driver install, automatically removes the old drivers, but things can get funky there. Try removing the drivers completely, then reinstall.

Tascam US 1800 not

I had the same issues with a Konig hub, attached to my Raspberry Pi.

Even though RPi categorised it as "working", it only worked randomly and very unpredictable. Just ordered another one to see what that does.

Just happy that these things only cost between € 10 and € 20.

I have used a Tascam US-1800 for a little over a year. It has worked great for me with no issues until last week. All of a sudden as I was working on a project, the sound stopped. I checked the device on the computer and it did not seem to be recognizing the device.

Did you carry out any operating system updates? If so (assuming windows) try a system restore to a time where the Tascam was working.

Alan.

Back