TASCAM TSR 8 Guide roller missing

rbloxham

Hey there,
bought a TSR 8 which seems to be functional however the guide roller (to the right of the pinch roller) is missing.
Having trouble finding a replacement. Is this the same part as the counter roller? could I use a new counter roller as a guide roller?
Thanks!

I would get the right part and check with Tascam in CA to see if they have it. If you are missing roller you will most likely need caps also. Per service manual the roller is part number 580127600 and cap is 5801191500 if Tascam doe snot have it then E bay or Audio Pros in MA or Reel Pro Sound guys take machines apart all the time. They are in Montana I think. It is crazy to get a unit and be missing major parts- what is wrong with these people? To have one made could be done but might cost a lot.

Last edited:
I would get tjhe right part and check with Tascam in CA to see if they have it. If you are missing roller you will most likely need caps also. Per service manual the roller is part number 580127600 and cap is 5801191500 if Tascam doe snot have it then E bay or Audio Pros in MA or Reel Pro Sound guys take machines apart all the time. They are in Montana I think. It is crazy to get a unit and be missing major parts- what is wrong with these people? To have one made could be done but might cost a lot.
Thanks for the reply, weirdly its got the cap just weirdly missing the roller itself!

Open Photo

I'll sus out direct from Tascam - thanks for the part numbers. I am in Melbourne Australia so I'll also see if anyone local has any spare parts if not then I'll contact those people you mentioned cheers,

Back