Take It All

GONZO-X

https://soundcloud.com/bats-brew/take-it-all

this is another song i'm starting to re-mix...
this was released on my 1st album (album label folded,
now album is out of print,
and i want to re-release it)

so i will re-mix it,
looking for suggestions on tweaks.
keep in mind, this is a mastered finished product,
not a pure mix, i don't have a pure mix to post.

But you do have the original tracks to remix, right?
The vocal gets lost when the song gets loud - but even in the intro part, the vocal is 'back' compared to the acoustic guitars. Around 2:00 the vocals stand out better. In the parts around 3:30 when the lead vocal is by itself its a little low, but when the harmonies join in the vocal level is better overall. Reminds me of 80s Yes.

But you do have the original tracks to remix, right?
The vocal gets lost when the song gets loud - but even in the intro part, the vocal is 'back' compared to the acoustic guitars. Around 2:00 the vocals stand out better. In the parts around 3:30 when the lead vocal is by itself its a little low, but when the harmonies join in the vocal level is better overall. Reminds me of 80s Yes.

mjb,
yes, i have the original tracks.
they were taken off of a set of backup discs that were proprietary roland files (this was originally recorded using a Roland VS-1880 18 track all-in-one recorder, 24 bit 44.1khz files)...
i found software to rip wav files from the backup discs, and have carried on from there.

it will be MUCH easier to re-mix this now, using my current DAW (Sonar), should be able to dial in the vocal mix much better.

i hear the 'yes' comparison from time to time from other folk, though i can't hear that myself.....

Back