Studio One randomly disappearing audio tracks

Nofolobricity

Hello everyone!

Sound of audio tracks may randomly drop out. For example, I render the bass part from the midi instrument to the audio, then I press play and the bass may disappear. I have to press the space bar twice. Then it returns to the mix. Well, after a couple of plays/stops, it may disappear again.

It happens randomly. Only a couple of instruments in the mix can start playing from time to time

I want to note that this problem is not only with the rendered audio. For example, vocal audio parts too.

Sometimes I can wait and the sound is restored after a few measures. And yesterday there was the case forced me to close the project and to load the backup version because in a certain section of the song the vocal simply did not play, as if there was a mute automation

Has anyone came across this, solved this problem?

If you go to "uninstall this application" there might be a repair option, otherwise you might have to uninstall/re install S1 anyway.

You could first try some basic audio fixes. Go into Control Panel and disable (not uninstall) the On Board Sound Card. Turn off Network Adapters when 'doing music'. Check for best drivers for everything especially graphics card. I assume you have Windows Sounds stopped?

Dave.

If you go to "uninstall this application" there might be a repair option, otherwise you might have to uninstall/re install S1 anyway.

You could first try some basic audio fixes. Go into Control Panel and disable (not uninstall) the On Board Sound Card. Turn off Network Adapters when 'doing music'. Check for best drivers for everything especially graphics card. I assume you have Windows Sounds stopped?

Dave.
I did it many times, sir! Also I've tried all manipulations with the options menu I can ever imagine. This problem is actually not new for me. I've experienced that for a long time. But this day I decidet to ask people on forums cause I couldn't stand it anymore

I did it many times, sir! Also I've tried all manipulations with the options menu I can ever imagine. This problem is actually not new for me. I've experienced that for a long time. But this day I decidet to ask people on forums cause I couldn't stand it anymore
Ok, well that is about the limit of MY computer know-how. You could try another DAW? You can download a full fat trial of MAGIX Samplitude ProX 5 and run it for 30 days (takes care of crimble!) If that is stable there is likely nothing wrong with the PC. Have you tried a fresh download of Studio One?

And, NOT to take anything away from the Good Burgers of HR there are some very smart PC guys over at www.soundonsound.com

Dave.

Does it happen randomly? In other words......if you play a render and it loses certain tracks......does replaying it right away ever change what tracks dropped out or when they dropped out?

Are you using any 3rd party VST's / effects? Does a render that has no effects play ok or have the same problem?

Mick

Last edited:
Back