Street Corner Talking cover

  • Thread starter Thread starter PorterhouseMusic
  • Start date Start date
How good is it? It made me get up, walk to the next room to get my headphones! Puny laptop speakers don't do it justice.

Its a really good track. The only thing I can say is bring the vocals up a bit. They don't cut through enough. It is a bit hard to really focus on them as the groove is so strong. Other than that, I think it's solid.

Followup:

Funny, I haven't really followed the collab thread.. didn't realize this was the track. I think the mix 2 was a tick better. I see where you're going, but this one moved the vocals back too much. It lost a bit of the snap of Mix 2.

Oh yeah, thanks for bringing back a great tune from my younger days!
 
Last edited:
Only a laptop speaker listen but Wow , this was Very solid. I Loved the vocal performance , but I agree with TalismanRich about bring it forward a little.
Great job by everyone envolved . mark
 
Sounds really good! Loved the organ accompaniment and guitar solo. I think the vocal could come up a little also. Very good vocal performance.
 
Thanks very much for the kind words and feedback - very helpful. I'll go up there later today and make an adjustment to that vocal level and probably curtail the low end a little. Thanks again!
 
I think the track is a classic - the Guitarist has an interesting way of sliding the notes - adds fluidity to the playing - the vocals don't sound like it but the music is reminiscent of Rival Sons during the first 10 years - are you playing the guitar? Who's on Drums?
 
I think the track is a classic - the Guitarist has an interesting way of sliding the notes - adds fluidity to the playing - the vocals don't sound like it but the music is reminiscent of Rival Sons during the first 10 years - are you playing the guitar? Who's on Drums?
Yes - I did all of the rhythm, lead, and bass gtr parts on this. And sang. I hired a guy named Nate Barnes to do the drum part. A cat named Jamie Lang who's a friend/acquaintance from another forum played the B3 part. Thanks for checking it out.
 
great performances, porterhouse!
i agree that the vox could be a bit louder, or maybe, just brighter...
good mix, especially on the bass guitar, it's full but never gets tubby.
i'd like to hear maybe a bit more snap on the kick.
 
great performances, porterhouse!
i agree that the vox could be a bit louder, or maybe, just brighter...
good mix, especially on the bass guitar, it's full but never gets tubby.
i'd like to hear maybe a bit more snap on the kick.
Thanks for the feedback Rob! Keep this on the down-low as I plan to make this track my entry for the Christmas contest at VSP.:thumbs up:
 
Ok - not to beat a dead horse... I brought the vocals up, inserted a high pass on the bass gtr at 80Hz - and a couple of other minor tweaks. I think this may be it. Or close to it. Thanks again for all the kind listens and comments.
 

Attachments

Vocal is great, very proficient. Organ is really cool. Always wanted to get that kind of organ sound in my jams but could never figure out how. Good balance to the mix too
 
Back
Top