Stellar CM-2 Tube Microphone - MOD ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kojdogg

bollocks redux!
sorry for the separate threads-- I'm looking around and finding things...

For sale in excellent condition-- one Stellar CM-2 Tube Microphone. Comes complete with the flight case, shockmount, power supply, windscreen, 7 pin cable and power cable. A little bit of the lettering on the back of the microphone body has worn off, but otherwise the microphone is in excellent condition and sounds great. I am only selling because I recently purchased a much more expensive (by about $1500) tube microphone.

I bought the Stellar with the intention of having some mods done to it. There are many online-- the "Apex 460 mod", Peluso capsule mods, Cinemag/Peluso/Tab-Funkenwerk transformer mods, the "Dave Thomas mod", etc. that can turn OEM microphones like these into mics that equal the specs of much more expensive microphones like those sold by Peluso, Telefunken USA, Charter Oak, and other high end manufacturers, but these mics sound really good stock (they are copied from classic mic designs).

$115 shipped to the lower 48-- save about $70 off the price of one new. Here's a link to a new one on eeeebay with specs: http://cgi.ebay.com/Stellar-CM-2-Mu...0?hash=item20a99720e0&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Attachments

• stellar.jpg
    stellar.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 153
bump-- shirley someone could use this sweet sounding, versatile and inexpensive tube micramaphone?! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back