squire telecaster custom

Guitargodgt

I can't figure out what I just bought for $40, but the body has binding all the way around it. It's normal telecaster pickup configuration and the headstock says squire telecaster custom. I'm at work so I has no picture to post, I could tomorrow though. Any thoughts on what the body wood might be?

Ah I guess I have to post a pic. That body looks about right, but the neck is wrong.

An alder body would be welcome news though, considering making this a project guitar. Not sure how much I'm going to want to do that depending on the body wood.

Anyhow, yeah I'll throw up a pic later.

image_zpsab0456fe.jpeg

photo_zps14419352.jpg

There is no binding on the rear of the body if that helps. Serial is 030605688 and twas made in indonesia.

Indonesian Tele's are made with Agathis for the body. Cort made these for Squire from the early 2000's before Fender opened a factory there in 2008.

If it sounds good, you have a great value guitar.

Needs new pickups pretty bad honestly. Other than that seems solid without any issue. I can't complain at all for $40.

You're lucky you got one with 22 frets, most of the new ones have reverted back to 21. Surely these "traditionalists" aren't the only ones buying guitars.

Back