Splitting a usbc headset to mic/phones

Dave, I don't think that is going to do what the OP needs.

Those splitters are to allow a non-USB headset to be used with a USB connection. From what the OP said, he wants to use a USB headset, and wants to split the mic audio from the headphone. There are no "audio" lines in the USB specification. Adapters will have a DAC chip embedded in the connector somewhere which is powered by the USB line.

Those splitters are to allow a non-USB headset to be used with a USB connection. From what the OP said, he wants to use a USB headset, and wants to split the mic audio from the headphone. There are no "audio" lines in the USB specification. Adapters will have a DAC chip embedded in the connector somewhere which is powered by the USB line.
Yup, ok must have read it wrong mate.
Cheers,

Thats weird so is there a little chip in the headset too? How are the mic and speakers moved through the usb cable?

There could be a chip in the USB connector and the cable has conventional headset wiring, or the chip is up in the headset and the cable is effectively a USB cable.

There could be a chip in the USB connector and the cable has conventional headset wiring, or the chip is up in the headset and the cable is effectively a USB cable.

Like the above but hard wired. Those devices work brilliantly BTW. I use one on this Lenovo T510 with a headset for Skype, the laptop does not have any form of audio input.

But that is not what the OP wants. The question has cropped up before re USB mics, peeps want an analogue signal from one.
That needs quite a bit of a computer it seems and no one has made such an adapter because it would be too costly for the very limited sales it would make?
I dare say some clever bod could do it with a Rasberry Pi? Note, even the cheapest, low spec 'junker' of a laptop will run a USB mic and therefore I suspect a headset?

Dave.

By the way, you can shorten URLs by cutting everything starting with the question mark. All that is just metadata about things like the browser and keywords you used.
Fork me! BSG...I have enough trouble reading the text as it is and Blue-on-White effs me even more. It would take me two three tries to cut at the '?'

Dave.

I just click the little chain icon, put the link in there, and put in appropriate text. It looks clean that way.

Back