Sony Vegas 6.0 Help-Plugins

bluesman345_98

Can someone please instruct me on how to undock the Plugins in Vegas 6.0 so I can have them float instead of being permanently affixed in the bottom tabs? In Vegas 2.0, there was a push pin feature in the upper right-hand corner. Call me stupid, (I don't mind), but for the life of me I cannot figure it out...haha...Thank you. BTW, I really enjoy the forums here as well as the posters!!

There should be 5 or 6 little circles on the left hand side of the plug-in window (right by the "x" and the arrow - click there and you can drag the plug-in window wherever you want.

any help with this regarding vegas 4? there are no circles on the left hand side of the plug in window - actually i dont even have a plug in window perse - htere is a folder -

what i really need to know is when you download a plug in - first it comes in a zip folder, then when u unzip it, extract it, where do you extract the files to? i have been extracting the files to c/programfiles/sonicfoundry/vegas/sharedplugins

but no matter how many times i extract the file - they show up in the folder - but vegas is not "seeing" them when i try to open a plug in inside vegas - only the "natural" plug ins that came with vegas show up . . . and theyre good, dont get me wrong, but i want to expand my plug in use - . . .

thanks for any assistance . . .

What plug-ins are you opening?

You should be able to refresh the Vegas4 plugin folder, so that it recognizes the new plugins. I am not @ my music computer at the time. When I get to the studio, I will tell you step-by-step. :^)

gullyjewelz said:
any help with this regarding vegas 4? there are no circles on the left hand side of the plug in window - actually i dont even have a plug in window perse - htere is a folder -

what i really need to know is when you download a plug in - first it comes in a zip folder, then when u unzip it, extract it, where do you extract the files to? i have been extracting the files to c/programfiles/sonicfoundry/vegas/sharedplugins

but no matter how many times i extract the file - they show up in the folder - but vegas is not "seeing" them when i try to open a plug in inside vegas - only the "natural" plug ins that came with vegas show up . . . and theyre good, dont get me wrong, but i want to expand my plug in use - . . .

thanks for any assistance . . .

is it a .dll file

and

do you have the "all" folder opened in the plug-in manager?

geesh! i dont know how i missed it. yes one of the plug ins shows up as a .dll file and yes the "all" folder is opened.

Back