Sonar Midi Echo

tcdave

I am trying to get midi echo to work in Sonar. I have Sonar Power and followed along but I still cannot get the module (emu-xl7) to respond to my master controller. When I hookup the Master midi controller to the module it works fine.

I did this in Sonar:

Made a new song, using the normal template. This gives me 2 midi and 2 audio tracks. Options>Project. At this point ALL of my midi channels are "checked". So that means that the all channels can echo the midi. Then in "echo mode", Auto is checked. Still, nothing seems to each to the module. I have experimented with the local port, nothing....

So for some reason, the midi does not echo out of the computer.

P3, 500 mhz, Echo MidiMia soundcard

Can anyone help me?

tcdave

PS - I know the MidiMia works because I use a midi master controller to use with my Softsynths and Propellerhead Reason.

Midi Echo

Dave,

It sounds like got everything covered. How about checking the cords. Sometimes a cord, here or there, might accidentally "fall off".

Try it.

Dave

Re: Midi Echo

tcdave said:
Dave,

It sounds like got everything covered. How about checking the cords. Sometimes a cord, here or there, might accidentally "fall off".

Try it.

Dave

Dewd!!!!!!!

Your the best! That was it!!!!! I was checking the MidiMIA Midi cord connection and I noticed that it was pulled out far enuogh to were it didnt work and stayed "on" enuf to were it didnt disconnect from the card.

Man, homerecording.com is the best!

Thanks!

tcdave

Thought I would check in here as I don't want someone from OC babbling to himself. It might create a name for the rest of us.

Sorry TC don't have an answer for that one. I just spent the day tracking down my own midi problems and builidng a sysex file to make my ancient JV1080 capable of changing channels to access various tones.

Hopefully you really did fix the problem.

Re: Midi Echo

tcdave said:
Geez, we can't tell you anything. Checking cables is mandatory before asking us... :D :p

Back