Sonar 4P issue

Toki987

Rock Steady
I recorded 6 midi tracks using 4 different softsynths. After bouncing to audio tracks and deleting the midi tracks I found that on two of the tracks there was an effect on two of the tracks much like a compressor ducking the highs, especially on a track of brass during some hard hits, and on a track of strings. I didnt use a compressor on the tracks. This was very annoying. Has anyone experienced this before?

I've only had this sort of thing when I inadvertantly left a couple of tracks playing on the same channel through a multi-output synth -- pan settings and reverb changes then happened to all tracks.

Anything in the Event list look odd?

I haven't seen the exact behaviour before.

Ciao,

Q.

I re-recorded the same tracks and it didnt happen again. I`m wondering if I had some processes running in the background that caused it.

I occasionally get something like a loud one second burst of static on exported tracks that use the Kompakt DXi. Generally if I simply go back and re-export again, I don't get the sound, but I have no clue what might be causing it.

Annoying, but not mission critical. Someday I will try and diagnose it further.

I always uncheck fast bounce,whether exporting or bouncing.I haven't had any problems that way.

acidrock said:
I always uncheck fast bounce,whether exporting or bouncing.I haven't had any problems that way.
Hmmm... I'll have to try that.

I also found this in the Sonar help file:
By default, SONAR uses a buffer for bouncing tracks that is the same size as the Mixing Latency value that you set in the Audio Options dialog. But with some projects, especially ones that use certain soft synths, the bounce buffer needs to have its own value. You can set the value in the aud.ini file with the BounceBufSizeMsec=0 line in the Wave section. At a value of 0, the bounce buffer is the same size as the Mixing Latency value that you set in the Audio Options dialog. You can set the bounce value to 100, or some value between 0 and 350 so that the bounce buffer will use a more efficient size for bouncing, which has different requirements from normal playback latency.
Not sure whether this applies to exports as well, or whether it will make a difference, but notice the reference to "certain soft synths." :confused:

I was using Fm7, TSS1, B4, and Hypercanvas when it happened. Ive had some small glitches with FM7 before. I appreciate the tip on the "uncheck fast bounce". I haven`t done a latency study since I installed. I assumed that it would be the same or less than 2.2 . And, I haven`t done much at all since I installed. I`ve been too busy.. I need a break and a drink. :)

Mike, do you ever get a sudden max velocity hit when playing a line of chords, kinda like an echo of a previous chord played in one 32 note hit?

Toki987 said:
Mike, do you ever get a sudden max velocity hit when playing a line of chords, kinda like an echo of a previous chord played in one 32 note hit?
Actually I have, although I'm trying to recall the circumstances. I know I only get that when I'm playing back tracks in Sonar. Never on a bounce or an export. But I don't remember the exact situation when it happens.

My thinking at the time is it related to some kind of a buffer or something associated with a DXi.

Back