Some OVERground shi*...

RAMI said:
Thanx Nak. When you say "loud stuff", do you mean it's louder than most stuff you listen to at the same volume. It's actually averaging ay -13db, which is 1db lower than usual for my songs. I'm a little paranoid to not join the "volume war". I tuned my snare lower on this and tried to get my drums fatter. I wonder if I should thin them out a bit after Chris saying they're too loud and now you saying it's loud....Now, I have to re-listen and see why. Thanx guys.

Well it was early in the morning for me, and I might not have been best to jugde volumes.
But as I`m listening to it again now, I dont think its clipping loud or anything, I just think its loud, and by that you have my compliments because this track really comes out of the speakers :)

its very tight and exelent all over very good equing and I guess when I said wow this is loud, I just said the first thing that entered my fragile mind.

But its not to loud or anything, dont turn a knob on it, its perfect as far as I`m concerned, it just seems a bit louder than your other recordings, not in a bad way, just different...OK :D

As I said earlier you`re really kicking ass in songwriting, preformance and producing.

Thumbs up form the Nak, who is sober, and has no hangover... :)

Cool man...I like it when you say the first thing that come out of your fragile mind...:)
That's usually the truth.
I'm putting songs out pretty quick in the last few months, but I know it will slow down soon. I'm waking up with melodies in my head, or song titles are popping into my head at work and by the time I get home, a song is almost toally written. I'm just taking advantage of it while I'm fertile because I could spend the next 6 months with writer's block. So, even though I'm banging them out, I still consider these demos that you guys are helping me develop. Even if they seem finished to me now, I'm sure as weeks and months go on, I'll keep tweeking them and some of them might toally change.

If your Tascam exports WAV or something, I'd love to take a shot at a full mix on this for you... (the individual tracks, not just the stereo mix...)

tourettes5139 said:
Excellent, man. Keep em' coming!! :)

Thanx man...I'm working on some dark-ass sheiiit in D-f&*king-Minor. I'll drop a link as soon as I finish this bowl of bran. :D

Hey Rami,

If you're able to post those WAV files for download somewhere, I'd love to have a crack at it, too.

Take care,
Chris

Cool Chris...I don't know where to do that, though. Phiil set up a an FTP site for me to send him the files, but I'm having trouble with it. If and when I can set something up for the wavs, I'll definitely let you know. HAHA! Maybe I can have my own purblic mix contest!!! :)

I don't have the bandwidth to host that much downloading for a PMC... But Chris, when he gets the files up, I'll hook you up...

Llarion said:
I don't have the bandwidth to host that much downloading for a PMC...

Hehe..I was just joking. I wouldn't want that many people seeing all my warts and bad punch-ins, etc... :D

I'm back in the game here. Sorry for the meaningless "i'm upset at my soundcard" post above :p

Alrighty, typing as I'm listening... sounds like you're running an effect on the guitar in the intro, i like. The volume sounds fine to me, just as loud as what I was listening to before. I pulled the mp3 up in my waveform analysis tool out of curiosity and it looks very nice ;)
I really dig your softer singing here, sounds good.
The guitar crunch sound below is nice too, catchy as shi*t. The whole song is :D Man, I don't know if you already remixed this or adjusted a bunch yet, but this mix sounds great to me so far.
I'll listen again later. suggestions?? probably a bad one, another higher vocal harmony on the last chorus? i don't know... might sound cool :confused:
Tschüs

Ahhhh, probably unnecessary, but just in case you were curious at what I was looking at... your song:

Attachments

• Ramis waveforms1.jpg
    Ramis waveforms1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 41
That's my song. Shit!! It looks alot better than it sounds...That's beautiful!

RAMI said:
That's my song. Shit!! It looks alot better than it sounds...That's beautiful!

Yours always look good dude! Mine end up squashed up top and sound softer than yours... weird eh? :confused:

EDIT... that's also a great tool to hear if there's any clipping at all, sometimes ears are deceiving ;)

What is that? Wavelab? I have Wavelab but haven't learned how to use it...But I think it has all those features.

See the peaks I'm talking about, though?

Compare that with the professionaly mixed and mastered song from the same genre. That's actually a good way to start getting a handle on what makes for polished sounding mixs.

-C

RAMI said:
What is that? Wavelab? I have Wavelab but haven't learned how to use it...But I think it has all those features.

"Goldwave" at www.goldwave.com
It's free too! It has all the analysis/editing tools I've ever needed for wavs/mp3s for the last few years. Good stuff.

As Snake mentioned your soft vox on this track rocked.
I remeber we were talikng about soft vox on one of your prior tracks, and you were afraid to sound wuzzy or something.
I`ve just got to say the soft voice suits you extremely well.

This is probably my fave vox song of yours.

great job man. :)

Nakatira said:
As Snake mentioned your soft vox on this track rocked.
I remeber we were talikng about soft vox on one of your prior tracks, and you were afraid to sound wuzzy or something.
I`ve just got to say the soft voice suits you extremely well.

This is probably my fave vox song of yours.

great job man. :)

Thanx Nak. Wow, your favorite of mine??? Pretty cool. I thought it was a pretty good, but not great, song that's easy to forget. Glad you like it that much. Thanx.

Love the intro. Vocals sound rocking, back ups fit nice. Love all the playing on this. Don't have to much from a critique point of view, as I really liked the song. Its one of those spmgs ill have in my head for quite some time. I plan on grabbing one of your cd's, great stuff.

Take care
gary

Back