Some OVERground shi*...

I really like the guitar and bass lines in this. Also like the contrasting tone you get with your voice singing softly (2:30).

Tim

Thanx Tim....You're one of the people here who's comments over the months have helped me improve alot. If you want a copy of my CD, I would love to send you one. PM me with your address if you want it. If you'd rather a stranger doesn't have your address, I understand that too. Just wanted to thank you somehow.

Thanks Rami. How about we trade CD's? That way I'll have your address too and I can sTaLk yOu aND sTeal yOur dRums aNd sTUff. :D I'll PM you.

Tim

Timothy Lawler said:
Thanks Rami. How about we trade CD's? That way I'll have your address too and I can sTaLk yOu aND sTeal yOur dRums aNd sTUff. :D I'll PM you.

Tim

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! :D :D

I can name a few people that have helped me more than alot since I've been here...but I don't want to start naming names, because I don't want the people I might forget to feel slighted...LLarion, Supercreep, Incanus (those 2 guys still have my favorite song on this site..."What you were meant to be") Tim Lawlor, the 2 Dog dudes, Nakatira...I can go on, but I probably shouldn't have even started.

RAMI said:
I can name a few people that have helped me more than alot since I've been here...but I don't want to start naming names, because I don't want the people I might forget to feel slighted...LLarion, Supercreep, Incanus (those 2 guys still have my favorite song on this site..."What you were meant to be") Tim Lawlor, the 2 Dog dudes, Nakatira...I can go on, but I probably shouldn't have even started.

I was glad to help you out the best I could, but all you meantion is some guy named "2 Dog dudes" :confused: No, just kidding... I'm glad I could help and I'm honored to be meantioned ;)

Hehe..."The 2 Dog Dudes"...Good name for a band. Kind of like 3 Dog Night, but different.

RAMI said:
Hehe..."The 2 Dog Dudes"...Good name for a band. Kind of like 3 Dog Night, but different.
2 Dog dudes, Drunk Naka, and the Smokin' Rami.....pretty long name, but what the hell.... :D

Sounds good, Rami. I don't hear anything too loud in the mix, and the drums are nice and powerfully captured. Nicely crafted, economical soloing, as it should be, very nice guitar work. The only neg I'd give would be 5 minutes feels a bit long.

Sounds like Zeppelin meets the Beatles (in the melody/gtr/drum department, I mean), which is no mean feat. All it needs is Robert Plant or Macca to complete the equation!

Thanx alot Robin. Yeah, 5 minutes. Don't know how that happened, it's not a 5 minute "type" song. I think the slow tempo and the double first verse must be the reason. It just seemed to early to go to a chorus right away. But I agree, it's too long. Now I just have to figure out why.
Thanx alot.

Which brings up a good point. It's interesting how songs occasionally seem to rush to a chorus - I think it was a Maroon5 song I heard recently that does this - but more often than not I get used to it and it seems perfectly OK. I guess it's an effective tool if you have a great chorus and want to get there asap! Hell, there's even the old trick of opening with the chorus!

Yes, ABA is a lot more in vogue lately... I like AABA myself, the restatement always feels important to me. 5:00 doesn't feel long to me; but then, I'm a jazzer, and am used to longer tunes... :)

Yeah, I even like a teaser chorus sometimes, where you only do half the chorus and go right back into a verse. The Beatles were masters of song structuure. Look at "Yesterday". That's a TRUE AABA song. No chorus. It starts with the title, which is the A part of the song, repeats that, and the goes to the B part, which is more of a bridge..."Why she had to go I don't know...".
"Help" is probably the most incredible song to me for one reason. The intro is actually what "should" have been the chorus. The "Help, I need somebody...Help,not just anybody..." actually only happens once in the song!!! Imagine writing a hook that catchy and having the restraint to not put it all over the song. I'm killing myself to write something a fraction as catchy as that, and he's throwing it away in an intro. Insane.

RAMI said:
if there's one thing I make sure to pay a lot of attention to, it's my vocals, since I know it's my weakest point and doesn't come as natural to me....

RAMI..Just a comment here. Some advise I got from the professionals concerning each of us and our creations ( no matter what the creation is ) NEVER point out a weakness.......let the Bastards find it on their own. Just know it yourself and keep working on it's improvement. You are so far ahead of most........and it is all self done. That in itself speak highly of your accomplishments with your music. Learning to work all that stuff and produce it as you have in great.

Choctaw

choctaw said:
RAMI said:
if there's one thing I make sure to pay a lot of attention to, it's my vocals, since I know it's my weakest point and doesn't come as natural to me....

RAMI..Just a comment here. Some advise I got from the professionals concerning each of us and our creations ( no matter what the creation is ) NEVER point out a weakness.......let the Bastards find it on their own. Just know it yourself and keep working on it's improvement. You are so far ahead of most........and it is all self done. That in itself speak highly of your accomplishments with your music. Learning to work all that stuff and produce it as you have in great.

Choctaw

Great observation, Choctaw. It's always tempting to point out the flaws yourself, so as to mitigate any potential criticism you might receive. But, your premise is reallyh the way it should be...

choctaw said:
Some advise I got from the professionals concerning each of us and our creations ( no matter what the creation is ) NEVER point out a weakness.......let the Bastards find it on their own.

Good advice in general, really.

But then why post something in the Clinic if no one is going to give you contructive criticism? If no one says "hey, try this" then it can take a much longer time to learn. Usually people posting in the Clinic are looking for honest feedback.

I don't point out weaknesses unless I'm asked for a critique. But peer review IS a good process. I've learned a lot from it here.

-C

Chris Shaeffer said:
Good advice in general, really.

But then why post something in the Clinic if no one is going to give you contructive criticism? If no one says "hey, try this" then it can take a much longer time to learn. Usually people posting in the Clinic are looking for honest feedback.

I don't point out weaknesses unless I'm asked for a critique. But peer review IS a good process. I've learned a lot from it here.

-C

It's also a developed skill; finding ways to say what you mean when it's negative feedback without being overly harsh, or personal, or demeaning.

Chris, on another note, you have a PM... ;)

Back