Some OVERground shi*...

Good points. I agree with what Choctaw said. But this is more of an "insider" forum, as opposed to a "public" forum where I'm trying to sell something to Joe and Suzie Public. I feel I'm among friends and peers in the industry of music, so it's not the same thing as doing an interview on a radio station and stating "I find my vocals to be my weak point". I'm not trying to fool anyone, and sometimes a subjest might come up where we can let down our guard a bit here. Just the fact that we sometimes present unfinished songs and ask for criticism allows our warts to show.

RAMI said:
I feel I'm among friends and peers in the industry of music, ....I find my vocals to be my weak point". I'm not trying to fool anyone,

Lets hope you are mostly among friends.......however I read lots of things posted in the various forums that stray from the meaning of frinedship, and replace it with critical bullshit that is not even true in most cases.

Next I am just giving my opinion as always. You have stated you find your vocals to be a weak point and your not trying to fool anyone. In my view and probably many others here who listen to your recording you are fooling yourself.........in thinking your singing to be anything but acceptable combined with your other talent. Or maybe just playing the Devils advocate what ever the case.......I think your singing is very expressive and comes across in a strong way. Now I don't know about your pool playing.

Hehe...I've been playing pool for 25 years...and still lose all the time.

You're right about my "friendship" statement". I guess I am a little naive when it comes to that sometimes. I don't believe anyone is bad until I get a rude awakening. But your advice is well taken. I have noticed that most criticism is sincere and constructive...Yet I've also recieved and see others recieve criticism from a f ew around here who's "opinions" I don't waste time with any more since I can see it's based more on their ego (or lack of it) and putting others down to build themselves up. Luckily, they are a small minority. But I will remember your advice...thanx alot.

Pool? Isn't there some kind of rule that the more the play something the better you should get? Pool defies this logic. In fact one time it was so bad a girl I was playing against was so drunk (meanwhile I was sober) that she had to go throw up in the middle of the game. Then she came back and beat me :eek:

Anyway I consider a lot of people around here friends. It's a very friendly environment and I personally don't have any trouble stating weaknesses. It seems to be that if something bothers me and I admit it, criticism tends to focus on helping what I'd like to achieve.

RAMI said:
Hehe...I've been playing pool for 25 years...and still lose all the time.

RAMI I am much further along in years than you seem to be, when I shoot pool I never seem to be able to just run the table as I see people do over and over again. Infact I can miss a straight in shot quite often. This might sound like I am stating that I am not a good pool player which according to my advise a person should not let their opponent know where their weakness is. But I also believe in living reality and reality is I can't play pool very well and do not get any better with practice. Maybe I am learning my mistakes. They say (who every they are) that perfect practice makes perfect, as in playing horseshoes....If that is the case we would learn our mistakes because we make more of them. Unless you make a ringer every time. I better quit this, it is starting to sound like BS, yep it is BS.

Choctaw

Back