So dead here now. What happened?

z. yes. I have forgotten most of what happened, honestly. The guys at a&a were more clear on it than I was.

Rory doesn't visit us much anymore. He has two babies. He's starting his life off like that. He'll end up logging in here at some point down the line looking for the cave and end up posing the question in PT about what happened. We can do this again at that time. :laughings:

Nice chat. Gotta go watch the Dodgers beat up on the Natties. :cursing:

The akex losers were annoying as fuck, but to their credit that was some of the greatest trolling of all time.

I agree for the most part, but it turns out the kid is genuinely not right in the head. It was hilarious until I had to close registration to my new board and then started getting phone calls. When my wife called and asked who andrewkrockstar was because he just called her it went well beyond high level trolling and into psychopath mode.

---------- Update ----------

The akex losers were annoying as fuck, but to their credit that was some of the greatest trolling of all time.

...and if your wife got a call from him you'd have a different outlook on them.

The friendships are real but the names have been changed to protect the innocent...

Where's Monty when you need him and his raking skillz?

I agree for the most part, but it turns out the kid is genuinely not right in the head. It was hilarious until I had to close registration to my new board and then started getting phone calls. When my wife called and asked who andrewkrockstar was because he just called her it went well beyond high level trolling and into psychopath mode.

...and if your wife got a call from him you'd have a different outlook on them.

My outlook is the same as yours - they're pieces of shit. I'm just saying that was some serious trolling.

I still think this is a good site for people who want to learn about recording. With the new computers being pretty stable, AI's having less issues and fewer analog people, that reduces probably a lot of traffic.

As far as recording, I think the MP3 clinic is doing well, biggest problem is, very few people participate on the commenting. Many just want to post their ego tracks and few give feedback. About 4-5 that do it a lot, after that it kind of falls off.

One of the biggest problems I think, most people just want to record and not learn how to record. That is the major problem with this site. You know, "why does my USB mic recordings sound bad?" "my audio card recordings sound bad, hot to fix?" kind of questions. Most new people who come here are drive by's and don't really want to learn to record, just get a quick fix so they sound like (insert flavor of day here).

One reason it's so slow in these off-topic forums is everybody's afraid they're going to get banned if they say something that's not politically correct. It's against the rules to talk about almost any topic except....
How is the weather over in your area?
lol
I don't even bother with off-topic forums anymore it's not worth it.
I made this post against my better judgement and hope there are no repercussions from it

As far as recording, I think the MP3 clinic is doing well, biggest problem is, very few people participate on the commenting. Many just want to post their ego tracks and few give feedback. About 4-5 that do it a lot, after that it kind of falls off.

That's about right. A handful of people have been carrying the Clinic for the time I've been active there, a year and some months. That's not to say there isn't a larger group who comment occasionally. Then there is a lengthy list of takers, those who show up from time to time to solicit comments on their tunes but rarely or never reciprocate.

One reason it's so slow in these off-topic forums is everybody's afraid they're going to get banned if they say something that's not politically correct.

There was a time when this forum needed to get rid of a lot of toxic guys and instead of just pulling triggers it tightened up the rules first.

I can understand why, I guess, but it still comes down to pulling triggers.
With rule changes and emphasis on what's allowed and what's not, that just puts fear into a community.

Having said that...Has no one noticed that we banned about 50 really toxic trolls and and then basically went on extended holiday?
No one's watching to see if you mention Christmas. :facepalm:

Last edited:
It is ridiculous, though.
Any time any attempt to alter or tighten rules happens, total trolls don't give a shit and find their weasly predictable 'oh so smart' way around it, and average users, apparently, recoil in terror?

I've maintained from day one that no topic should be off-limits (within reason) but attitudes and intentions should be heavily moderated.

Thread about Clinton in Prime Time? Fine.
Dickhead going off on one? Ban from Prime Time.
Two dickheads going off on one, each reporting the other? <sigh>. Ban them both from Prime Time.

Has no one noticed that we banned about 50 really toxic trolls and and then basically went on extended holiday?
I think most of us noticed. Trouble is that those trolls were responsible for 90% of the traffic either with their own posts or others' reaction to them. And I don't mean just off-topic traffic either. Cave traffic easily outpaced on-topic traffic. All part of what ez alluded to - homerecording forums are passe now. When posts are limited to on-topic, homerecording subjects there just ain't that much of it anymore. The trend has passed - the craze is over.

None of that is a complaint BTW, just commenting on how I see it. I don't miss Lambo, SillyBee and the like. If I miss any of it it would be the way old days when I first arrived but already there were cracks in the facade. As with all trends it was relatively short-lived.

That's about right. A handful of people have been carrying the Clinic for the time I've been active there, a year and some months. That's not to say there isn't a larger group who comment occasionally. Then there is a lengthy list of takers, those who show up from time to time to solicit comments on their tunes but rarely or never reciprocate.

Most of my forum time is spent between stuff at work. The headphones I use here are inadequate for providing reliable feedback to clinic mixes.

It also means I don't post any new material either. Should say, *rarely* post anything. Maybe one every year or two? At which time I usually go through the clinic and reply to several posts, paying it ahead in advance. If someone wants to buy me some ear buds worthy of hearing music at a reasonable quality level for replying I'd be happy to accept them. :D

I know of at least one member of which you guys speak. They take take take, and never give.

Back