Show Us Your Pedalboard

Sailjunkie

As only a guitar player could appreciate...I got the idea from a website called Gilmourish (dedicated to you-know-who). This website has a gallery of about 200 pedalboards. As pedalboards are extremely personal, I'm curious to see what everyone else out there is using...I'll start with my set up (although it is a bit messy)...hopefully, it uploads OK...

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 151
guitar rig:
gtrrig1uu4.jpg

So far so good guys, keep the pics coming...

I guess I need to clean up my set up (see the first pic) although I'm not a gigging musician, just a basement enthusiast (and have been for about 25 years)...I LOVE checking out what people are using. It's like an art form and everyone has different tastes so this is turning out to be very interesting.

I realized I CAN'T do a live gig unless I have this many pedals on my board. It's just not possible.Every single pedal gets used every night.

100_0189.jpg

Hey Texsunburst59...

Kudos! that is about the most extensive board I think I've ever seen. Impressive. Care to list out all of those pedals? Do you carry those in a case, or do you put it all together every night you are gigging?

Lately, I find myself burying my nose in the back of Guitar Player and wondering what all of those boutique pedals sound like.

i fall in dogbreath and purge's category of "complex and homemade"...

Attachments

• Line6 PODxt Live.jpg
    Line6 PODxt Live.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 104
Lately, I find myself burying my nose in the back of Guitar Player and wondering what all of those boutique pedals sound like.

Have you played a TS-808? Usually like that. But with that you get true by-pass and sticker shock.

There are very few original designs out there, and even fewer from the "boutique" club.

hey sailjunkie!!!

i noticed you have a pack of DR strings on top of your rig in your first pic. i just put my first set of DRs on my electric just last week and i'm pretty impressed with their sound (aggressive), feel (like butter!), and solid tuning (i've tweaked ONCE after their first tuning, and i did zero stretching). what do you think of them?

i noticed you have a pack of DR strings on top of your rig in your first pic. i just put my first set of DRs on my electric just last week and i'm pretty impressed with their sound (aggressive), feel (like butter!), and solid tuning (i've tweaked ONCE after their first tuning, and i did zero stretching). what do you think of them?

The percentage of bum strings coming out of DR is remarkably high. I almost never see a bad string out of D'Addario or GHS (or any of the plethora of string suppliers who buy strings from D'Addario or GHS), but probably one string out of every 20 or so sets of DR's seems to be junk. Most of the time, they are either really dead sounding or they buzz from a loose winding, but the worst I've seen is one which would play certain notes about 1/4-1/2 step out of tune. Sometimes flat, sometimes sharp, and sometimes right on the nose, but never consistent. And it was absolutely the string - as soon as we replaced it (with a supposedly identical string), the guitar played and sounded perfectly. DR's are one of the only strings I actively recommend against - their QC is just too crappy.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

DR Strings

I like them so far. I think the pack in the pic are .010's for my ES 135. I also like the new Dean Markley Electric strings. I put a set of those on my Stratocaster (.009's) and they really give you a nice bright, crisp sound. Lately, I seem to be gravitating toward nickel plated. I also like Ernie Ball's.

I haven't seen the same issues...

As Light with the DR strings, but, then again, I've only just started using them.

check out proguitarshop.com. really great reviews of really amazing boutique pedals. i had never heard of catalinbread, mid-fi electronics or metasonix before I found that site.

Back