Setup scheme for Protools /MOTU 896 to Adams Smith Zeta 3-, Slave Tascam MSR 24

carl price

Does any out there have a setup scheme for Protools /MOTU 896 to Adams Smith Zeta 3-, Controlling Tascam MSR 24, The problem I'm having is coming out of Protools using SMPTE (via) MOTU 896) to the Zeta 3. Do I need to use the audio output coming porting on one of the output channels on the MOTU 896. ex. (channel 8) going to the Master input on the Zeta. If I do that how would I isolate the SPMTE signal to that port on the 896?. Or can I use the MOTU MIDI interface channel to send that SMPTE signal to the Zeta. If so what would be my setup in the Zeta? to accept that as the MASTER (via) Midi in port. So my over question what be the typical setup in this cinereal, I've seen it work in youtube they just didn't explain the setup. Can someone please help, Thanks

There are a few ways to approach this. One way would be to use the MOTU 896 as an interface between Protools and the Adams Smith Zeta 3. In this scenario, you would use one of the MOTU 896's audio outputs to send the SMPTE signal to the Adams Smith Zeta 3. You would then need to configure the Adams Smith Zeta 3 to receive its clock from the MOTU 896.

Another option would be to use MIDI to send the SMPTE signal from Protools to the Adams Smith Zeta 3. In this scenario, you would need a MIDI interface like the MOTU MIDI Express XT. You would then need to configure both Protools and the Adams Smith Zeta 3 to receive their clock from the MIDI interface.

_______
Jason Hook. Audio Enthusiast and Software Developer
Remove or Isolate Vocals from any Song 👉 https://www.UnMixIt.com/

Last edited:
Back