Sennheiser K 30 AV + ME 88: 8-pin connector (to DIN 45 326) to XLR Adapter?

miguelbernardo

Hi

I Just bought a shot gun microphone from Sennheiser (ME 88 with the K 30 AV handler) on eBay and noticed that the output connector is a 8-pin old one.

I know that Sennheiser had an adapter (the MS 14 P) that converted this output into XLR 3-pin one. I think that this even allows Phantom power to work with the mic instead of the battery.

The thing is I don't think they make this adapter anymore.

Anyone has any idea how could I Just try the microphone? Is there any way to get an adapter? It could be to XLR (preferable so I could use the phantom power on the mic) or to a mini jack (That way having to use the battery i guess...)

Well the truth is I have no idea how this works! Any Help?

Thanks

Hi

I Just bought a shot gun microphone from Sennheiser (ME 88 with the K 30 AV handler) on eBay and noticed that the output connector is a 8-pin old one.

I know that Sennheiser had an adapter (the MS 14 P) that converted this output into XLR 3-pin one. I think that this even allows Phantom power to work with the mic instead of the battery.

The thing is I don't think they make this adapter anymore.

Anyone has any idea how could I Just try the microphone? Is there any way to get an adapter? It could be to XLR (preferable so I could use the phantom power on the mic) or to a mini jack (That way having to use the battery i guess...)

Well the truth is I have no idea how this works! Any Help?

Thanks

I've seen plenty of those type of adapters for sale at ... you guessed it ... evilbay. ;)
Look around you'll see them.

Thanks!

Actualy I did and found out that it's cheaper and easyer to get a new power suply handler K3N or K3U that work also with the ME88. Those are already output in XLR.... still a little confused about wich one is the best...

This series was discontinued over 20 years ago!

The K30AV was centre-pin powered, unbalanced, without a transformer and was designed for mounting on a video camera. Has to be used with a very short cable to avoid RF interference.

The K3U and K3N are the same - balanced and with a transformer - the only difference is that the U version has an XLR and the N version has a Tuchel (DIN) connector.

Back