S/PDIF issue, PLEASE HELP!

skuthepoo

ok, so im not sure if ive posted this in the right section of the site, so someone redirect it if necessary.

so im running logic pro 8 with the focusrite saffire pro 40. i just got a hold of the MindPrint En-Voice and its great, but im having to run its output into an xlr input on the pro40 cause i can't get the units to sync right on s/pdif...can anyone help?

ive plugged the s/pdif out of the mindprint to the saffire pro40's s/pdif input, and the same for the input of the mindprint with the output of the saffire pro 40. when i arm the tracks in logic, i just get that crackling digital distorting noise you get when two items arent syncing properly, ive heard it before when i have my octopre running on adat into the pro40 but havnt set the sync source yet.

i have the switch on the back of the mindprint set to 44.1 and the saffire mix control program is set to 44.1 and is clocking internally. if i set the clock to spdif, it doesnt sync and i get nothing, but when its set to internal, i get the crackling noise. its just a shame that i wont be able to hear the mindprint preamp without it being run through the saffire pro preamp.

any suggestions are welcome, or if anyone has had this issue with any other spdif preamp into saffire.

thanks

One or the other has to be master. If the Safire is set internal that makes it master. Is Mindprint set 'SPDIF?
Or, when the Mindprint is also acting as the a/d converter perhasp it should be internal' ands the other one looking for clock from its SPDIF.

s/pdif out of the mindprint to the saffire pro40's s/pdif input, and the same for the input of the mindprint with the output of the saffire pro 40
Not sure of your kit, is mindprint also taking signal in?

If you connect both spdif in and out (two cables) to your Mindprint, it should auto sync to your Saffire.

Make sure the Saffire is set to internal sync and the Mindprint sample rate (44.1 or 48) is set to the same rate as
your Saffire.

mmm, thats what i thought. the sync light lights up on the back of the mindprint, but the only sound i get in is the crackle :/ ill try again now im back from work

Back