Please Help!!

elmerfunk463

First let me apologize for my lack of understanding of the DAW world. I'm slowly getting there. I am using ProTools Studio with the Soundcraft ui24tr for and interface. Yes I sound like a broken record. I am getting some good results, but I just can't wrap my head around all the signal flows back and forth between the Soundcraft and Pro Tools. I found out that if you clear any patching done in the settings (on the Soundcraft), signal automatically flows from the Soundcraft to Pro Tools without any need for patching. Whew!! Still figuring out the monitoring situation. It's tough to find videos for my specific issues. My problem right now is hearing the click track. I started with a basic new session with a click and a vocal mic. I can monitor the voice through the local section of the Soundcraft, but cannot get the click to be heard. I set up outputs 31-32 as a stereo output for monitoring, but I don't think I need it. If I patch the 31-32 outputs to the ML-MR of the ui24r, then there is latency and I can hear the click, but when I hit record I lose the signal for the voice track. I changed the click to a regular track and tried to record just a click and can't get that to work. Probably another simple issue I am missing, but frustrating at the same time. I appreciate everyone's help. It's a whole other world. Don't think I am going to put my Tascam MSR-16 up for sale just yet!! 😁 Thanks

1712425169636.png

Last edited:
Harmon Soundcraft User

The above discussion is on issues around your mixer and firmware and routings clearing.

Much like your previous post, it doesn't seem like anyone here has much experience as to be able to help with your unusual use case. Typically the site doesn't like linking to other forums. Hope in this case, they are ok with it. I'd also check the Avid Protools forum.

Back