Rumble III, Let's Rock!

Kainz said:
Yeah, I didn't include those "extras", only the basic tones. But hmh Bm9, are you sure? I don't hear the harmonics. :confused:

Oops, I hadn't played it a while.

D - Dsus - D
C9 (right? I'm playing a C chord with a D on the B string)
Bm, walking the D (flat third) to C# (second?), what do you call that?
G

So there's a lot of D in there, even in the C chord.

apl said:
Bsus2.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

apl said:
Oops, I hadn't played it a while.

D - Dsus - D
C9 (right? I'm playing a C chord with a D on the B string)
G

So there's a lot of D in there, even in the C chord.

Thought so ;)

It goes like this:

D - Dsus4 - D - C(add9) (not C9. They are different chords; C9 has 1,3,5,7 and 9. So it is a dominant chord. Cadd9 only has 1,3,5 and 9) - Bm - Bsus2 - G - C-D-C-D

apl said:
What's sus about it?

sus4(pended) chords are chords that has 4th instead of major/minor 3rd. They are usually V degree chords.

eg.

C - E - G = Cmajor
C - Eb- G = Cminor
C - F - G = Csus4

Sus2 chords don't "technically" exist. Sus2 chord is a sus4's inversion. For example Csus4 is the same chord as Fsus2.

lbanks said:
Wrong instrument? I don't care.
It sucks.(see above and bite me.)
I'm a asshole? I've had a lot of lessons.
Am I drunk? (See above and above)

Wrong instrument? I think not. It is an instrument.
It sucks? I think not. Actually very cool. Way better than what I did in the first Rumble.

You're an asshole? I wouldn't know, but I love the avatar, so.......

Your drunk? Cool. Where you live? I'm there.
Ed

PS....Nice solo. Very cool.

Harmony

Well, just remember that in harmonic analysis there are non-harmonic tones that don't really need to be named to understand the harmony... passing tones, upper and lower neighbor tones, etc., even pedal points. For me it's more effective to create a phrase-structured model (mental or on paper) that emphasizes where things start and end harmonically and identifies just enough that's passing in between to help me avoid stepping in tonal doggy doo-doo as I'm moving around in my lines.

Tim

Welcome to the Rumble Lbanks. I'm listening on laptop speakers at the moment and will have to listen later in the studio to hear the low freq range of your track better.

Tim

xfinsterx said:
Rockin stuff man, i dig it.
I liked the triplet rolls too, cool stuff

Thanks a lot Finster...i only wish someday i'll be able to do runs like the one u did in your rumble 3....and them harmonies with your 3 guitars were amazing....

Kainz said:
Nice I think you nailed it. This can be a bit tricky to play. You have done your homeworks with that pentatonic/blues, nice :) Wish my guitar would have had such a intonation hehe...

Hey Kainz i really love your blues licks ..and the phrasing is excellent (and the double stops (not sure if thats what they are called))...I wish i had more defintion with my phrasing like you...and i'm gonna be using a lot of your licks in future :p

lurgan liar said:
Hey Kainz i really love your blues licks ..and the phrasing is excellent (and the double stops (not sure if thats what they are called))...I wish i had more defintion with my phrasing like you...and i'm gonna be using a lot of your licks in future :p

Use those as much as you ever want! I would be honored :D. I won't use them second time prolly ever heh.. I don't have any lick collection, just playing what happens to come out at that time :p .

Kainz said:

Use those as much as you ever want! I would be honored :D. I won't use them second time prolly ever heh.. I don't have any lick collection, just playing what happens to come out at that time :p .

I haven't quite reached that plateau with improvisation yet ....i need to sit down and work out what exactly i'm going to play ...which i wish i didn't have to do....I guess years of playing with bands and experience helps with improvisation???....and knowing the theory too lol

I know the scales and the different modes but i don't know how to apply them to my playing whilst improvising....just never really sat down and read up about the stuff....i tend to just sit in the same position in the pentatonic all the time ...and its really annoying lol

i haven't decided whether or not this is a real or joke entry. anyways, here's my banjo solo, keep in mind i only learned how to play a few months ago.

shiatzu said:
i haven't decided whether or not this is a real or joke entry. anyways, here's my banjo solo, keep in mind i only learned how to play a few months ago.

Real or joke, that was damn cool!!! You made it fit very well. I liked it.
Ed

Irish Traditional Banjo

hahaha.....Excellent work shiatzu...What kind of banjo do you play? I love it

I play the Tenor Banjo...And you've made me want to make an Irish Traditional Version for this song ....should be interesting....

Its the only type of music i can play on the banjo so it should sound pretty unique sounding ...ok i'll get to work...lol

thanks, i'm pretty much up to the "mary had a little lamb" level of banjo playing, so i kinda played it safe and tried to keep it as pentatonic as possible... I use a Samick Greg Bennett 5-string banjo; essentially, i got the cheapest *alright sounding* banjo just to see if i like it.. and yeah, banjo rocks.
oh, i recorded it with a mxl990 -> dmp3 -> delta 1010lt - > cubase

i'm anxiously awaiting more banjo entries.

Been liking everybody's entries. Mine will be later, maybe mid week.

My whining excuse... bought a new house recently and aside from typical spring maintenance it's got several rooms of god-awful wallpaper. I'm currently removing it and taking occasional breaks to rest my forearms and see what's happening here. It's the old story of dude-doesn't-care-much-about-the-color but angry-hot-chick-will-withhold-love-and-possibly-kill if you don't. Heh-heh. :D Maybe you guys have been there.

Tim

oh, i've been there. in fact, i just moved into this apartment on wednesday and i'm surrounded by boxes upon boxes upon boxes. Perhaps i should attend to the boxes and stop messing around with recording... hmm.. nah, relaxing it is!

Timothy Lawler said:
Been liking everybody's entries. Mine will be later, maybe mid week.

My whining excuse... bought a new house recently and aside from typical spring maintenance it's got several rooms of god-awful wallpaper. I'm currently removing it and taking occasional breaks to rest my forearms and see what's happening here. It's the old story of dude-doesn't-care-much-about-the-color but angry-hot-chick-will-withhold-love-and-possibly-kill if you don't. Heh-heh. :D Maybe you guys have been there.

Tim
Never had wallpaper in my personal house, but done many a remodel where we take it off. Did you get the Bear paw thing, and spray it with the removal spray first? We had some in a doctors office that was glued on so good, it took me 4 hours to scrape it off a 16 foot wall. We then did a hallway, both sides, 40 feet long, and it took less than 15 minutes. It was put on over some really bad paint, and it basically fell off. Sometimes you get lucky.

Have fun with the remodel.
Ed

Back