Regarding Groove Clips, I think

mbuster

I've never been one for looping and such. However, I think I'm going to have to learn some new tricks to solve a problem I'm having. See, I have this synth part in an old unfinished project I really like. I recorded the output of Dreamstation on a track in 2.2. I've recently come back to this project and decided to slow the tempo down from 90bpm to 87bpm(at least during the part in question. Here's where it get's sticky. While I do have the midi notes associated with the part, and they of course line out perfectly with the new tempo, the part I'm trying to match is the audio result of real-time tweaking of various knobs on the DreamStation DXI, which was recorded during playback. There's absolutely no way I'll ever duplicate all the moves and settings. My only hope is to take the audio clip and adapt it to the new tempo. I tried just doing a "fit to time" with stretch audio checked. This came fairly close, but didn't quite line up with the midi, which I'm using as kind of a benchmark to line up against. I thought it'd be easy, since the part is only four measures long, and is made up entirely of evenly placed 16th notes.
So my question is, is the Groove Clip feature (which I've never used) the proper route to take here? What's my next move?
The project was made in 2.2, and I haven't brought it into 3PE yet, but I'm just about to. I'll save as a different name to keep the 2.2 cwp working, so if there's any difference in methodology between the two versions, (I'm guessing most are still more intimately familiar with 2.2) I can do what I'm told with either version.
Thanks

I've recently come back to this project and decided to slow the tempo down from 90bpm to 87bpm
I'm trying to match is the audio result of real-time tweaking of various knobs on the DreamStation DXI
I take it you did'nt record these movements to midi?I'm pretty sure Dreamstation supports that.Next time...

The project was made in 2.2,
If the original project was synced up this should'nt be too hard.

Cut the audio at each measure,going for the zero point crossing of course.
Enable groove clip looping on each clip.
Reset the tempo and everything should work out fine.
The change in tempo is so small that this should be seamless.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks Acidrock, it never occured to me I might be able to automate moves on the Dreamstation DXI. I'll keep that in mind.
It also never occurred to me to cut the part at each measure. I was trying to change the whole clip at once. I'll give this a whirl right now. Thanks again!

Back