Recorded level in Cubase sx2.2 low?

robbocop

This is a strange one and i know its something simple im missing as i've had a couple of years break from home recording.I have an M-audio delta 2496 sound card.I usually plug guitar into preamp then into my card.Im now trying to mic up my guitar amp and record this in Cubase.Levels are perfect in the Cubase mixer when i audition the sounds before recording.But,when i listen back to the recoding of the guitar it's hardly audible?Yet yesterday i recorded my bass guitar without an amp,just using Amplitube within Cubase and playback levels were fine?When i got this really weak playback on audio track four in Cubase i thought for the hell of it i'll copy the recorded track up to audio track two which i hadn't used,level was fine! All sliders are where they should be in Cubase mixers,anyone any ideas?

Don't know Cubase but Sonar has this second 'Offset mode veiw of alternate volume/pan/trim controls that add or subtract from the primary controls. If you bump in and out of it by mistake you can have changes hiding in there. Any chance?

..or the track's asigned to a different sub group?

Back