Recommened me an Acoustic-Electric...

SilverSurfer

....cutaway for under $1000.00 brand new.

I'm looking at either a Gibson, Ovation, Taylor, Takamine or Martin.

Acoustic Electric

I basically want the best sound and quality for the $.

Thoughts?

They are among the best built guitars, options galore, the sound(s) is awsome (and that's not a word I use lightly), and the price is right. The base price is about $870.00. The price is dependent on the options you choose. Fantastic customer service, 10 day money back guarantee. You've got nothing to lose.
Check it out @ carvin.com. You'll be glad you did.

Do they sell them online at Musician's Friend? I have a CC from them so I have a pretty big budget (more than $1k but that's all I WANT to spend on a guitar. I just bought a Line 6 DL-4 - drool!)

SilverSurfer,

Unfortunately, no, they dont. They are factory direct, hence the low prices.
Get online, order a catalogue and a DVD and be sure to visit the carvin bbs.

And here's a link for the AE185. Hang out on their BBS. You'll be blown away by the options. You can order an AE185 with three or four different fingerboards, half a dozen fretwires, a few headstocks, different neck woods (maple, mahogany, walnut, laminated), different top woods, different body woods, different pups, different electronics...

Ya want flamed koa, figured walnut, maple, or the Craig Chaquico signature?

What are you going to be doing with this new guitar?

Is it for live gigs, studio, or both?

What type of music do you plan on playing with it?

I think it's pretty useless to recommend anything until we know more info.

The Carvin bandwagon everybody here is riding on might not be the right vehicle for you.

I love my cedar seagull, hand made in Canada. Very nice tone and the LR Baggs pickup is pretty decent for live use. The rest of the body is cherry wood (not ply).

http://www.seagullguitars.com/products6+cw.htm

Not sure how much you'd pay for one over there. Mine was £560 about 5-6 years ago which is almost exactly $1000 at today's rate, I guess you could expect to pay less than that (things are generally more expensive over here).

Everyone who picks it up loves the way it sounds.

Back