Radio Production Newbie

scuppari

I built my home studio 3 years ago based on the great advise of many members of the BBS. My hope was to do demos for local bands, but I live outisde Atlanta, GA where there are 1000s of studios like mine.

After spending a ton of money for construction and equipment, I recently had an idea to market my studio to local businesses for radio production. The problem - I have no experience with radio spots.

I have a ProTools LE system with a DigiMax mic preamp and 15 different mics. Besides this stuff - what do I need to get into radio production? I envision the need of a demo of fake commercials - what do I need to pull this off? How do I aquire royalty free background music? What's the best way to market my services?

Just looking for advice.
-Scott

Royaly free music is easy just type it into any search and you will come up with tons. Learn ACID.
Listen to the Radio for adds ........then make up your own for that company ....it had better be 10 times better than the one you heard.
Set up a meeting with the company go in and play it for them ...if its good you might get the gig or at the very least you might get the call a few months down the road and you still have a good commercial you can use for someone else.................insert name here.
You have to get the business its not going to come banging on your door for quite a while.

Back