Question about UAD-1

Everybody

Hail Santa
Ive been looking into purchasing these, but I decided Im going to wait until after Christmas. Until I think it was yesturday or the day before I got an email from a local audio store saying UA was having some sort of sale on a bunch of stuff. Regarding the UAD-1 packs I saw that they are letting you upgrade your UAD-1 pack to UAD-2 from now until December 31st? At least thats what I got out of it.

I dont understand really whats going on though, but I do know that Id rather not wait until after Christmas if I can get some sort of deal when I buy it.

http://www.uaudio.com/promo/

Can some of you please go take a look and tell me what I can do once I buy the UAD-1 (the $199 version)

Thanks so much

I think the promo is for any plugs that you already have for the UAD-1 can now be transferred to a newly purchased UAD-2 for free until Dec 31. If you want the UAD-2, you should just get that. If you think the UAD-1 is adequate for your needs, prices are pretty low right now. You can also pick up a 2nd UAD-1 from ebay for around $150.

There's a promo going if you buy a new card, you get $150 voucher for plugs, plus there's like another $50 discount or something.

I have one UAD-1 and it serves my needs. I'd like to pick up another eventually. I don't think I'll need a UAD-2 anytime soon.

Also check out this site. I think they are having some kind of promo, too. Like the store will buy back your UAD-1 for $100. Idon't know the details. www.jrrshop.com

Cheers,

Oh thanks man, first of all though....what is the difference between uad1 and 2...different plugins?

and whats the point of having 2 uad1s if they have the same plugins? just faster?

Huge difference between UAD-1 and UAD-2. They are DSP's for processing your plug-ins so your cpu doesn't have to spend the resources. The UAD-2 is a newer dsp and much faster. It can handle a much bigger load than the UAD-1. Plus, you can get a choice of single, dual or quad cores for even more processing power. (And I don't even work for UA!)

Having mulitple cards allows you to run more plug-ins. I typically run about 10 - 12 tracks and assign plugs on most. I run out of processing power and a 2nd card will help out a lot. I don't want to spend the money on a UAD-2 when a used UAD-1 will work just fine. Plus, I've got an old mother board and it doesn't have PCIe slots. So, I can't use a UAD-2 without upgrading the computer, which I won't do.

Cheers,

Ohhhhh thanks for explaining that to me

Do you think I should buy the UAD-1 (perfect for my pricerange) or save up and spend the extra $150 on the UAD-1 Flexi Pak that comes with a $500 voucher?

If I do get the one with the voucher, what plug-ins should I buy first?

Im recording mainly metal/death metal/hardcore....but also sometimes acoustic guitarists and vocalists, pop rock bands.

So maybe plugins that will help benefit that.

Ohhhhh thanks for explaining that to me

Do you think I should buy the UAD-1 (perfect for my pricerange) or save up and spend the extra $150 on the UAD-1 Flexi Pak that comes with a $500 voucher?

If I do get the one with the voucher, what plug-ins should I buy first?

Im recording mainly metal/death metal/hardcore....but also sometimes acoustic guitarists and vocalists, pop rock bands.

So maybe plugins that will help benefit that.

If I were to tell you how to spend your money I would say to send it all to me. But seriously, those are the decisions you'll have to make yourself.

I also wouldn't know what kind of plugs to use for metal stuff. There might others on the site who can give better advice than I. Also check out Gearslutz, lots of talk on UAD stuff there too.

Good luck,

Hahaha, man if I had a lot of money, Id give you some.:p

I just saw that you can preview plugins and use them for 14 days before you buy, so Ill just do that and decide whats best, thanks so much for the good info, its much appreciated!

The UAD-1 prices are crashing. I already owned 2 of them and half a dozen plugs but the price of the flexi pack is so low with the $500 voucher and $150 for registering the new card I just bought 2 of them so I now have 4 cards and these plugs...

1176LN
1176SE
LA2A
FAIRCHILD 670
SPL TRANSIENT DESIGNER

CS-1 CHANNEL STRIP
CAMBRIDGE EQ
PULTEC PRO

REALVERB PRO
DREAMVERB
PLATE 140

BOSS CE-1
NIGEL GUITAR PROCESSOR

PRECISION DE-ESSER
PRECISION EQ
PRECISION BUSS COMPRESSOR
PRECISION MULTIBAND
PRECISION LIMITER
PRECISION MAXIMISER
PRECISION ENHANCER

I'm now thinking of selling one card as a project pack and buying another one and buying the neve bundle with the vouchers :D

I'm now thinking of selling one card as a project pack and buying another one and buying the neve bundle with the vouchers :D

Hey Lemon, if you're thinking of selling a card, PM me first and let's see if we can work a deal.

BTW: I've got the Neve 88RS plug and love it.

Cheers,

Back