Question About The "Lid" On Kontakt's "The Gentleman" - Upright Piano

For a song I'm using the upright piano, from Kontakt, called The Gentleman. This piano definitely has the sound of some nice upright pianos I've heard, but I'm curious about the lid open/close option in the plug-in. Does this lid button basically represent the opening/closing of the front panel on an upright piano? Like how when you detach the front panel of an upright piano you can see the hammer rails (as the picture I've attached shows)? Because I'm trying to get The Gentleman to have the same sound as when you detach the front panel of a real upright piano. So just wondering if the lid being open is the same as the front panel being open, or if this is something different? If it is different, how do I achieve just the sound of the hammer rails being exposed like when you take off the front panel of an upright piano?

Attachments

• Kemble Crane front panel off.jpg.opt672x511o0,0s672x511.jpg
    Kemble Crane front panel off.jpg.opt672x511o0,0s672x511.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1
The description makes it sound like it has been sampled with the lid open and closed. From the manual:

Attachments

• gentleman.PNG
    gentleman.PNG
    114.2 KB · Views: 2
To me it just sounds well, more like opening the lid does in terms of a tonal shift and more ‘works’ but not something I actually use.

Back