Question about setting up external Mic Preamp

mybook1234

Hi this is my first time in this forum so sorry if this post is in the wrong section. My question is I have a Behringer UB 1622 FX Pro mixer and I'm not real satisfied with the onboard mic preamps. So i borrowed my friends external micpreamp. Its a Presonus Blue tube. Is there a way i can hook up the presonus into one of the channels in my mixer and bypass the onboard preamp? Would I use the channel inserts? Thanks

Warhead said:
That mixer has 12 line inputs, use one of those and you'll be set.

Warren

The line inputs still don't bypass the internal pre-amps. You have to use the "insert". The Insert ia s TRS female connectr on the Behringer (if you have them on that model). Build (or buy) an insert breakout cable. It is a cable that goes fron a TRS (male) on one end to a "tip" and "ring" 1/4" male end. The TRS plubs into the insert jack on the board and you would use the "ring" end from your pre-amp output. If your pre-amp does not have unbalanced 1/4" outs, then you have to make an unbalanced XLR to 1\4 end to accept the insert cable end, or modify the insert cable to a XLT.

See how easy it is? (I had to make the XLR type of insert cable for my Avalon).

Back