• Rock

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Rap/hip hop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Acoustic

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Experimental

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I dont give a damn Finster. Just put up the next contest!

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
giles117 said:
This is great contest contenders helping each other. :)

Hey, isn't the point for everyone to learn?

Anyway, here is my first run at it. I would appreciate any and all critiques. I am still pretty new to this whole "recording" thing.

Also, If you guys need the files mirrored, let me know, I have a bunch of server bandwidth available.

NL5

I'm sorry to ask this, but would it be ok to replace my old file with this new one?

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you in advance!

-Erik

How about having a 'people's choice' by using poll or something... it would be interesting to see the outcome of that compared to the official judge...

Ive been busy

Just got done with the days session.
Ive been working all day (one of those record till you drop rates)
Looks like a buncha new entries are in.
Thats really cool!
Im glad this little idea is cathing on.
Thanx to Giles for keeping up on this, Ive been slammed lately, and havent had time to keep up to date.
Ima come in tommorow before work starts and check the new entries! :D
Take care all. :)

lascalaboy: I think you applied a bit to much reverb, it sounds like the entire track is played at least 10 meters away from me. Maybe you should try adding verb to some things instead of everything. Like on the toms and overheads, and a bit on the guitars, while keeping the voice, snare, kick and bass dry. That might help I think

NL5, nice stereo image :) but a bit too much for my taste. I can't really find anything in the center. What I usually do is keep sertain things in the middle no matter what (like the snare, kick and first vox), but it's your choice ofcourse :)

Erik713, very nice stereo image :) couldn't have done better myself. But where's the volume mate? I'd say compress the entire mix a bit and it would sound a whole lot better already.

Tonio, nice, I like it :) a bit to muffled for my taste (especially the vox) but good none the less :)

lascalaboy said:
How about having a 'people's choice' by using poll or something... it would be interesting to see the outcome of that compared to the official judge...

I tried that last time i did a contest and practicaly no one voted except the people who had entries.
I understand though...
Its probably hard for some one with no stake or interest in it to sit and listen to all those mixes, in order to judge.
So i got one of the best mix engineers on the board to judge.
Cant beat that really.

;)

fair enough... I thought it would be interesting.. not as a replacment for the judge.. but as an added extra... see if they match up..?

I think that the next mixing contest people should not be allowed to add extra parts or redo tracks for their offical entry. Doesn't show as much of the mixing skill as it does their re-recording/producing skills. Also some of the people mixing don't have the resources to add certian things or redo certian things.

Axis said:
I think that the next mixing contest people should not be allowed to add extra parts or redo tracks for their offical entry. Doesn't show as much of the mixing skill as it does their re-recording/producing skills. Also some of the people mixing don't have the resources to add certian things or redo certian things.

Im assuming blue bear will judge more on the balance of whats there, as opposed to judging on bells and whistles on remixes.
But i do however see your point.
I think that giles will be doing the next contest.
Perhaps you could run it by him.

Back