portastudio guys....

DuddyGuy

No good fer nothin!
portastudio guys....

I stumbled onto a stash of ~250 unused tapes that can be had for cheap, The only issue is that they have no labels or known brand, The guys says they aren't normal but that they are mastering cassettes. So I don't know if that means they are high bias or suitable for portastudio use. If any of you have an interest and they are still available I'll go get em and pass em along at a cheap rate.

heres a pic if it helps anyone know if these are worth buying

Attachments

• P1070388.jpg
    P1070388.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 78
It would be nice to know if they were Type I or Type II. My car that had a decent cassette deck in it bit the dust last week. My new truck doesn't come with a cassette deck, of course. I've got a tote full of Type I tapes that I don't know what I'll use them for now. I've only got about a dozen (if I'm lucky) Type II (XL-II and SA-90) cassettes. I'd love to have a good stash of Type II for my 424mkII and 122b.

It would be nice to know if they were Type I or Type II. My car that had a decent cassette deck in it bit the dust last week. My new truck doesn't come with a cassette deck, of course. I've got a tote full of Type I tapes that I don't know what I'll use them for now. I've only got about a dozen (if I'm lucky) Type II (XL-II and SA-90) cassettes. I'd love to have a good stash of Type II for my 424mkII and 122b.

is there any way for me to tell by examining? They were being used with a tascam 302mkII, I just don't know enough about cassettes to know if they're of any value to anyone or else I would have bought them on the spot.

You guys can correct me if I'm wrong but.....

If you advance the cassette a bit past the clear leader tape and look at the oxide of the actual tape.... the Type I cassettes will have a lighter, flat brown look. Type II cassette will look more granite-dark colored sheen, and will be more reflective as well.

There's a remote possibility that they're Type IV Metal cassettes. I've not seen these in person though, so wouldn't be able to tell you what to look for.

i was actually going to pick these up today but the location was WAAAY to far for me to justify. where are you located duddy?

I am located in Temecula... if you ever need anything from the southern i.e. you can feel free to drop me a line. If I can help you out, I will.

Back