PedalBoard PSU Advice!

Mikeyprs

Hi All!

I'm looking to replace my current PSU's (godlyke powerall and Boss PSA-240) in favour of an all in one solution (preferably) as the godlyke is starting to produce loud annoying hum whenever its in use, regardless wether it's powering effects in front of the amp or in the effects loop (the amp btw is a Marshall AVT50hx, which is due to be replaced by a Randall RT503H around august time). The effects i intend to use (not in particular order) are the following....

Front
Tremonti Power Wah
Crybay Wah
MXR Dyna comp
Boss TU-2

Effects Loop
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2 (using X config/4 cable method)
Boss DD-3
Boss CE-5
Boss PH-3
Boss RV-3

Now, I'm gonna hazard guess here that you may/may not suggest getting the Boss ME-50 or equilivent multi-Effects system to which I'm going to say a big fat resounding NO. The reason being is that i've had bad experiences with multi-effects and prefer stompboxes' and their sound, plus the flexiblilty of changing settings on the fly without having to go through any menus etc etc.

In the long run I'd love to rack some of this stuff and possibly exchange some stomps for rack gear or w/e and just have the midi controller, two wahs on a board for when i'm performing but alas we can't always have what we want eh? :P sooo...

What I would like to know is

What would you power a pedalboard with these effects on it??
What have you powered your own pedalboards with?? Past and present mind.
any experiences, suggestions and general helpful advise would be greatly appreciated!

Mikey

Attachments

• New Pedal Order.jpg
    New Pedal Order.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 18
What are you using now?

One Space: GuitarCenter Cheap ($20). I've never had a problem with noise, but other say it gets noisy with certain effects.

DC Brick: GuitarCenter more expensive ($100) but it won't overload any pedals which shouldn't be a problem with your set up, but could be with some of the boutique pedals.

Voodoo labs: GuitarCenter the best ($170) but most expensive.

I use the DC Brick, but have had similiar results with the one space. Others swear by the voodoo labs stuff though.

haha, all my links just take you to the same place. I must have done something wrong. You can look up each of these for yourself though.

lol, its cool dude! atm I'm using a (or was) "Godlyke Powerall" one spot wall wart and a Boss PSA-240 wall wart. Since the Godlyke is causing some really annoying amp hum i think it's high tide i got myself a proper power brick lol
Price isn't really an issue for me, its just finding the right power supply which does the job one would expect it to do lol!
the other issue i ought to think about as well is the possibilty of expansion i.e bringing my digitech whammy onto the board in replace of the crybaby perhaps.... idk there's just too many options out there damn it! lol

lol, its cool dude! atm I'm using a (or was) "Godlyke Powerall" one spot wall wart and a Boss PSA-240 wall wart. Since the Godlyke is causing some really annoying amp hum i think it's high tide i got myself a proper power brick lol
Price isn't really an issue for me, its just finding the right power supply which does the job one would expect it to do lol!
the other issue i ought to think about as well is the possibilty of expansion i.e bringing my digitech whammy onto the board in replace of the crybaby perhaps.... idk there's just too many options out there damn it! lol

Back