Panning problem due to soundcard...

DABZ

so... i can't pan.

i've got the Behringer Ultra-Voice Digital VX2496... and a soundcard... cant remember the name of the soundcard... its a good soundcard, and i had to plug a lead from the sound card to the Ultra Voice... and i've got a lead that forms into two ends, and they are plugged into L and R in the soundcard. (image below)

soundcardzv6.jpg

I also got a program called "PatchMix DSP" with the soundcard which i had to install to get it working... and i followed a guide on the net on how to set the settings in it so that it picks up the mic and stuff, and i've noticed that it told me to select "I/O Card in L".. (thats the only one that works cos ive tried others) and then it must also convert it to stereo (R/L) and i can hear in both L and R... (image below of the patchmix)

patchmixvp7.jpg

and now... when i record it only records in through the L side... but still comes through both L and R headphones/speakers... (image below)

cep1si2.jpg

so now i select "Rec 1" in CEP (image below)

cep2hh6.jpg

and it comes up with this box (image below)

cep3cf1.jpg

and i have to select "Left Channel" and tick the box "Same for all tracks" and press OK (image below)

cep4nt0.jpg

so then now, it looks like this when i record with the Rec 1L selected.(image below)

cep5hc7.jpg

which is fine, its whatever... i can record and stuff, but i just cant pan because of this whole problem.. and i need to pan some stuff out...on my mixer, when i turn the Pan full left, the audio gets louder... when i turn it full right the audio is gone... so the "Right" of the audio doesnt exist... which means i cant pan out...need this fixing...

anyone got an idea?

yee thats what's happening right now, which means i cant pan... if i could record in stereo then i'd be able to pan, but it wont let me record in stereo??

DABZ said:
yee thats what's happening right now, which means i cant pan... if i could record in stereo then i'd be able to pan, but it wont let me record in stereo??

hmm...i don't know this specific interface...but on mine when i record on 1L or 1R...i record a mono track, and pan it however i want.

it would seem if you chose to record a stereo track but only had one mic plugged in, you would get what you're describing.

though in acid (what i use) i'm pretty sure if i panned a left track 50% right, it would be in both speakers evenly

Back