Omnistudio problem

musicsdarkangel

When I go in my mic in on my delta 66 (omnistudio) soundcard, the sound sounds different on cubase. It seems to have more lows, and sounds mushy.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with Cubase or the soundcard. Maybe my micing?

Any ideas?

Oh and I'm using a Shure SM57, micing my Line 6 AX2 amp.

How do you all mic your amps, and record with your Delta 66?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I don't have the omni studio, but I record thru a mixer into a delta 44.

I haven't had any problems with muddiness. I've only got a 10W practise amp but I crank it up to record. I use 2 mics, both jammed right in the cone at 45degs, and record each to a seperate track.

If you have access to another sound card, or onboard sound, try recording through that & see if it sounds the same.

You could also try going direct in and see if you have the same problem

It sounds that way with everything I record (if I go line-in, and it's the same way).

It's not until I double the tracks and reverb them, that I can make it sound halfway full, but then it sounds horrible in the mix.

Bulls Hit said:
I don't have the omni studio, but I record thru a mixer into a delta 44.

I haven't had any problems with muddiness. I've only got a 10W practise amp but I crank it up to record. I use 2 mics, both jammed right in the cone at 45degs, and record each to a seperate track.

If you have access to another sound card, or onboard sound, try recording through that & see if it sounds the same.

You could also try going direct in and see if you have the same problem

Thanks for the suggestion/advice, I will definitely try that.

Back