B
bobbydj
New member
Eh up everyone -
Quick question about the original Line 6 bass POD. I recently bought one cos they're cheap as chips these days. However, the thing seems to need a lot more mic pre than my Line 6 POD for guitar (the red bean-shaped doobrey). I'm running them into a Tascam M12, and the mic pre for the bass POD needs roughly twice as much gain, everything else being equal.
I just wondered if this accords with anyone else's experience. My guess would be that nobody here is using such antiquated crap these days - but then again, they potentially offer a cheap way to get viable sounds. So maybe some guys here are soldiering on with them.
Any experience / advice gratefully received. ; - )
Quick question about the original Line 6 bass POD. I recently bought one cos they're cheap as chips these days. However, the thing seems to need a lot more mic pre than my Line 6 POD for guitar (the red bean-shaped doobrey). I'm running them into a Tascam M12, and the mic pre for the bass POD needs roughly twice as much gain, everything else being equal.
I just wondered if this accords with anyone else's experience. My guess would be that nobody here is using such antiquated crap these days - but then again, they potentially offer a cheap way to get viable sounds. So maybe some guys here are soldiering on with them.
Any experience / advice gratefully received. ; - )