No sound input on sonar 3

dwdruman

I seem to be having the worst of luck with my recording stuff, maybe its an act of god or something. anyway i just fixed my skipping problem when boom, sonar shovels shit in my face, but i guess i can't put it all on sonar, i borrowed cubase from my friend and still am not getting a signal in, im still using sb soundcard, but have money for the emu1212 ive been waiting for, just need time to go get it, but i want to finish this song thats been on hold for a long time. ive tried messing with the audio options nothing, checked on the device manager, its working fine nothign battleing it, and i even switched sb for one in another computer (loaded drivers for it its working fine) and sonar flipped out and now it sounds like everything has a really bad reverb on it and its underwater, i can still go back to the old sound card, but i get no signal, thats the main point, sorry if it was lost in my mad rambeling about stuff not working.

Any help is good help!!!!!

thanks

lets start with basics. in windows volume control there are two dialogs. one for recording. one for playback. if your coming into sb thru line input (from a preamp or mixer ..which is what you should be doing) ensure in the recording dialog you dont have line in muted and the line in fader is UP !!
get back to me if this works or not. also in playback dialog make sure faders are up - like wave out. in sonar i'm assuming youve identified your input and output drivers and let it profile your sound card.

yea ive done all that good stuff, let me be alittle more indepth, with the sound card i thought was broken i could get a signal when the board cliped and it sounded like a duck call, or clipping, when i put this other sb card in, which is the same card but newer, sonar flipped and said it was a mono card and even the play back sounds bad, and after playing with cubase for a while i did get a signal in, and it sounded good, so i know it something with sonar, im useing a yamaha mg12/4 board with the record rca outs right now

what make of sb card are you using NOW !!
i need a model number. and has THIS ONE worked ok in another machine ?
ARE YOU REALLY REALLY SURE your coming into line in ?
its really easy to plug into the mic in mini jack instead.

dwdruman said:
sonar flipped and said it was a mono card

Are you using Win XP? This is an issue with the Creative Drivers.

Use the Microsoft drivers that are supplied with XP instead.

the sound card is a ct5306, this is the one that sounds good with sonar, with one that makes it sound funky is a ct4750, yes both of them have worked in other computers andits in the line in, the mic input is red and such and im using 2000

ok. if you say your coming in through line in - thats fine.
i assume your having probs with the funky one.
(these are bad cards by the way).
on the funky one could you list the drivers you see in sonar for input and output please. also are you SURE that you properly uninstalled the previous sound card drivers if you were using one before you installed the funky one ?
also are you SURE you have the latest creative drivers for the funky one ?

i got rid of the funky one, because it made it sound weird, so i put the other one, and im going tome tiem this week to get the 1212
and im haveing trouble finding drivers for the "goodone" and i know they are bad cards, but its better then the on borad stuff i coul
d be using

smart idea. tell me how you get on with the new emu.
i have a lot of friends asking me about it.
from what i understand , the sound quality is excellent, but it takes a bit of time to set up its control panel. there are various back posts on the forum
on how this is done. so you might want to do a search on emu on the forum to simplify things. a tip for you. if your running any network cards in a pci slot and you ever get clicks/pops/stuttering. disable in windows before a recording session. peace.

ok well i have a simple question that you might now so i don't have to go wondering in the search, the main reason im buying this is so i can put the ada8000 on it, but that is in the futrue, like chirstmas, which means ill have to use 2 1/4 in, from what i read on musicians friend it has this, but it also shows 2 different cards, this is very confussing for me

dwdruman said:
i got rid of the funky one, because it made it sound weird, so i put the other one, and im going tome tiem this week to get the 1212
and im haveing trouble finding drivers for the "goodone" and i know they are bad cards, but its better then the on borad stuff i coul
d be using
Hi there!

Just a little tip! If you use "." and capital letters when ending and starting a centence, your posts would be much easier to read.

;)

moskus said:
Hi there!

Just a little tip! If you use "." and capital letters when ending and starting a centence, your posts would be much easier to read.

;)

Yes I know. But it's not like I'm the only one that has this trouble with typing. It's not that I can't, its just that I choose not to. When typing with a little kid jumping on you it kind of takes away from caring about how I type, as long as people can read it.

Back