New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi everyone! I am a Army veteran that is a first year student at LA Film School for music production. I am an aspiring music producer, song writer and hip hop artist, I grew to love music at an early age. If looking for feedback, advice and possible collaborations. So feel free to share

Hey, my name is Hakuna. You can find me on any streaming platform as Hakuna Bruv. I’m an Ohio based rapper looking to make it global. I’m going to la film school to learn audio production and music business. I’m 26 years old gaining my bachelors and hitting the Sonics daily. I’m here to learn and teach if applicable. Much love. Stay positive and stay blessed.

-Hakuna
how long have yo been going to the school I'm just now hitting my second month there

Hi everyone! I am a Army veteran that is a first year student at LA Film School for music production. I am an aspiring music producer, song writer and hip hop artist, I grew to love music at an early age. If looking for feedback, advice and possible collaborations. So feel free to share
whats up so you just started going to lafilm school or you about to be in your second year there im just now hitting my second month with the school

Ola. Still playing, still recording. Some knowledge but the again, opinions vary. Home studio, making noise.
I hope this message finds you and those around you healthy.

Hi everyone!
I'm Jasmin from Montreal city. I was a part-time FOH engineer until last year, mixing for a small club that was sponsored by Yahama while studying in cinema. I had plans to go mix with Yamaha Canada's distributor/installer Digital Pro Solution for some bigger acts in Québec, however it was supposed to start in march of last year so... yeah. I found myself confined in my room and I want to improve my studio skills, especially for livestreaming purposes.
In terms of music, I have 15 years of experience as a drummer and studied that was well in Saint-Laurent college. I'm setting up my first drum recording rig in the only studio space I can afford - it's not much but we all have to start somewhere. Recently figured out how to use my old M-Audio Profire 2626 in standalone mode so there's that :) I found out that mixing live really helped my hears tremendously. Also as a drummer, I just don't wanna play chops anymore, it's almost weird. I used to overplay or show-off and now I can't stand it. Also have a fair amount of experience with cameras and video-editing so livestreaming for musicians seems to be a market I obviously want to target...
I already have my livestreaming project in the making for early may that I'll be happy to share with you guys!

Greetings! My name is Ray. Got my first tape recorder in 1968...and the rest is...well, you guys know. LOL! I use a Tascam DP24SD and Reaper these days but go way back to open reel days. Guitar is my main instrument but play a little of many. I also have a YouTube channel to show off home studios and homegrown music. Glad to finally this forum!

Andrew here. Former touring musician back in early 90s. I also dabbled in recording and live audio engineering. Took a 7 yr break when I got married and had another brief stint in 1999-2000. Had kids, working corporate job, etc... Just recently over past year, picked up guitars again, bought some e-drums, and even started building partscasters, etc. Eventually, got out some of my older outboard gear and decided I am going to get back at this but now that I can afford gear (unlike back in the day), do it right and have fun learning "in the box" recording. Anyway...bought some UAD gear, plugins, and a few more pieces of outboard gear and have managed to build a nice little home studio. Learning Luna and Logic Pro as well as the plethora of plugins and hope to get to making some music soon. Starting out with downloading some stems and multi-tracks to get my chops up to speed. Plan on inviting some of my old musician friends over once the plague has passed and eventually play around recording. I hope to get my hands on some of my old TSR-8 tracks and recording from late 80s and try to learn mastering in the box vs. outboard gear that I was used to back then. Anyway, I sure appreciate the welcome and look forward to learning and interacting with you all.

Andrew

Alright, glad to find this forum - thanks to all contributors! My story ... well it's long as I'm old (70+). I've played lots and am now playing less...but more. Added some Roland V-drums to my repertoire. I bought a Yamaha MG-12/4FX to use in my 'jamming' room - and it's very complicated! Looking for tips & tricks on how to set it up. If anyone can direct me to the correct forum section I'd appreciate it. Peace to y'all and good vibes for awe-scension :love:

Hallo, ich bin Deutscher. Ich bin Gitarrist und beschäftige mich sehr mit dem Aufnehmen von Akustikgitarren (überwiegend klassische Gitarre).

Last edited:
Hello Blue. Glad to have you here.

There's an exceptional German guitarist here named Jimmy Quango. Check out some of his work. He sets the bar pretty high for the rest of us guitar players.

Hello everyone,

My name is Matthew and music is my life and my light. I've been writing songs and poems since I was 10. I started recording myself onto music my freshman year of high school and I have been writing and making music ever since. I am a Navy veteran and currently a student at the Los Angeles Film School.

Hello Everyone,

music has always been my passion, and I finally made the leap of faith and decided to go to school in order to learn more about the thing I love. I do sing, however I don't know how to record music or even where to begin, so I am eager and excited to learn. I am hoping this forum can aid in this process. :-)

Hi! i go by Santana the Rapper. The name itself should be enough to gauge what type of music i am good at making, although rap isnt my only style or genre. Over the past few months to years, i've been pretty much playing it by ear, literally. I hope I can gain some useful knowledge along with learn a few things that would help me along the way considering I'm taking the solo approach. Very nice to meet all of you!
- Santana the Rapper

Hi my name is Prince and I currently attend school for music production. I’m new so any advice someone has to give I’m open to receive. Thanks and nice to meet you all.

Hey everyone, My name is Britt. I go by my stage name Kaydintz. I'm super excited to be apart of this community and I look forward to learning new things from you all.

Hey all. I am VJ. Very excited to be here. I have been playing bass for sometime.. Currently, jamming with some garage bands, and trying to record some covers.

Hi guys, I'm Markese. I'm just an upcoming music producer, here to learn and meet other creatives! Currently in school, pursuing a degree in music production.

Back